• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome beautiful find!

Was it a dig or a stumble upon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Starman View Post
      I know nothing about points, but have a general question about that particular perdanales.

Is it common to find one with the fine tip intact, like that one? Most I’ve ever seen don’t retain that feature.

That appears to be pristine. Just wondering how rare it it is to find one like that. It is certainly a beautiful specimen.
      Not common to find one in that condition. That is a fur a t stage point . Made and probably never used nor resharpened. Very collectable because of that.

Comment

What is made of? Is that a patina on it?

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
          What is made of? Is that a patina on it?
          Edward's chert with a lot of patina

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Edward's chert with a lot of patina
            If this one was broken open it would probably be rootbeer color inside. Back when I was knapping points the Edwards rootbeer was my favorite to work with.

Comment

Arrowhead ID help

Moved
              Last edited by Mountaineer; 11-27-2022, 10:17 AM. Reason: Wrong thread

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                If this one was broken open it would probably be rootbeer color inside. Back when I was knapping points the Edwards rootbeer was my favorite to work with.
                Yep.

Comment

Hey, WTX, got a photo of the opposite side you cold share?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C517FBCE-6163-479F-ABC3-0305C8DB9C95.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	24700099
                    Thanks everyone for the replies. In 20 years we’ve never found a point on the ranch and just stumbled upon this one on the way to a stand. Guess I’ll start paying closer attention.

Comment

Beautiful Broadhead. Congrats !!

Comment

I would hate to even guess what one like that is worth to a collector.
                        GarGuy might have good idea and it would be nice to know.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          I would hate to even guess what one like that is worth to a collector.
                          GarGuy might have good idea and it would be nice to know.
                          Perds are common but this one is first stage, large, and well patinated . Anything is worth what someone would pay but if I found it 1500 might buy it. Again that's really high for a perd.

Comment

Just curious, have you tried a light behind it? I bet it is some what translucent. Please be careful with it . A tiny fresh art or tip ding will drastically effect value.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              Just curious, have you tried a light behind it? I bet it is some what translucent. Please be careful with it . A tiny fresh art or tip ding will drastically effect value.
                              I have not. I’ll try it and keep you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by WTX View Post
                                [ATTACH]1110881[/ATTACH]
                                Thanks everyone for the replies. In 20 years we’ve never found a point on the ranch and just stumbled upon this one on the way to a stand. Guess I’ll start paying closer attention.
                                I can't stop looking at that, it's so nice. Thanks for posting.

I wonder what kind of creamy chert that is and where its source is located? Anybody know?

Comment

Working...
                                X