No announcement yet.

Non successful booked hunt payment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I woke him and they are gone now saying they are not blind hunting but instead spot n stalk , I told him that what they should have been doing all along after he said the first day that deer weren’t really coming to blinds and feeders the day we arrived. I don’t have a lot of hope for this last hunt but want my son to have every chance possible to take a 150 class or better, he is willing to put in the work hiking miles if needed to make it happen and is a good kid and deserves it.

That being said ( I know it’s late in the season) but if anyone has any hunts available for this class deer on a weekend hunt please contact me! I have reached out to Brett Holden and he is booked up but may have some short notice cancellation later in the season, the search continues.

Comment

Not sure we have enough info. Hunting is hunting. If the structure was $500 deposit and the rest for the hunt, well you got your hunt. Target pics are just that. Not a promise, not a guarantee, unless he told you that. You owe him, technically. However, sounds pretty sloppy and lackadaisical so I would have a discussion with him about exactly what you told us and see if he budges. I would not tip him.

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
        I agree with this but have always been told not to guide the guide, that being said here it is 6:12 am and the guy is still sleeping
        6 am still sleeping qnd last day. I would pack up and leave a d not give another dime.

Comment

I would have probably mentioned something yesterday. Today "guide" is gonna is throw the blame back when asked about how the hunt went

That said, leaving without some form of payment isn't going to sit well with whoever is actually running the show

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

If I was paying 3750 to kill a deer I would be hunting every legal minute I had

Sounds to me like the size deer you agreed to was not in adequate supply on the place you are hunting
            Pics of 2 "shooters" and you are not the only hunter

I would pay the $500 and that would be all.
            If the guide busted tail and I still came up empty I would tip on effort.
            Sleeping in gets no tip from me

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              Need more details on hunt structure.

If you paid $500 for this hunt that included lodging plus guide for 3 days THEN a kill fee only if you shoot something that's not a bad deal since you're also staying there.

The guide may have given up? Was he drinking last night? Did he say what time you should be in blinds this morning? He sounds lazy and doesn't deserve a tip but again, more info would help.

Now if he wants $3,750 for this hunt.... He!! to the no! He should have let him shoot the buck that came out. What does age have anything to do with it when they're selling a buck?
              The hunt was booked weeks ago with a $500 deposit to secure the dates to be hunted, The phone discussion went as follows that a shot fired and opportunity provided for class structured dear and considered payment in full due. Class structure Deer opportunity has not been provided as of yet other than the one Deer we were provided pictures of that is still living that he decided was not old enough to harvest even though the deer is 5 1/2 years old in my opinion. Lodging was included but we had to provide our own food ( not a problem) but I took it upon myself to provide all the meals for everyone that would be here including steak dinners at night , full breakfast in the morning and cold sandwiches at lunch plus like I said did all the cleaning and cooking required for preparation of meals, when we got here the sink was full of dirty dishes trashcan was full of trash I basically cleaned his entire kitchen for him before I could start preparing meals. The more I respond in this thread I believe I have answered my own question. He is not getting another dime for me unless they are successful this morning and I will explain to him all the reasons why.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                If I was paying 3750 to kill a deer I would be hunting every legal minute I had

Sounds to me like the size deer you agreed to was not in adequate supply on the place you are hunting
                Pics of 2 "shooters" and you are not the only hunter

I would pay the $500 and that would be all.
                If the guide busted tail and I still came up empty I would tip on effort.
                Sleeping in gets no tip from me
                We are the only two hunters in camp , I opted not to hunt after the first evening so that all efforts could be contributed to my sons success,

Comment

Yeah I would be hot. Im definitely not giving a tip. I would probably pay some of whatever is left to pay, but I would deduct all of that time spent in camp when he should have been hunting.

After seeing your update, if not provided an opportunity for a kill Im leaving without paying a single penny more.

Comment

Did you look into the outfit prior to booking?? I would be frustrated.

Comment

$3750 x zero effort = zero

Comment

I feel a payment in full day coming on strong. Hope he kills one and everyone is happy with the deer! The rest sounds like a cluster.

Comment

I would already be one the phone with the owner of the place. I’d be surprised if you only have to pay the $500 and no more. The guide is just hired help. Sounds like he’s not very experienced. You definitely got a bad deal.

Please tell us the name of the place. I would sure like to avoid the same situation you’re in if possible.

I’ve hunted places before and had to pay even though there was no kill opportunities. It happens, but i expect my guide to work as hard as me.

The fact that you provided and cooked all the meals for everyone is irrelevant. The place should have been cleaned before y’all arrived though.

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 11-21-2022, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                            I feel a payment in full day coming on strong. Hope he kills one and everyone is happy with the deer! The rest sounds like a cluster.
                            This is my hope as well as I’ve told the guide from the first phone conversation that this was all about my son ! I take partial blame for not doing due diligence and my homework prior to booking the hunt.

Comment

Guide that lazy doesn't get anything from me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                I would already be one the phone with the owner of the place. I’d be surprised is you only have to pay the $500 and no more. The guide is just hired help. Sounds like he’s not very experienced. You definitely got a bad deal.

Please tell us the name of the place. I would sure like to avoid the same situation you’re in if possible
                                The guide is the owner or son of owner, I’ve talked to the father in the evenings when he stops by to see his son . I’m not bashing this place as there are deer and if someone wanted a “ meat “ MLD hunt tags could easily be filled as we have seen a lot of older 8’s . I will wait to mention any names until I see how this morning plays out , I get it it’s hunting and not a zoo , my complaint this far is lacking of efforts put in to make it a successful hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X