Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Callahan, Coleman, Jones, Fisher, Nolan, Runnels, Scurry, Shackelford, Taylor…8th edi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NE Runnels deer were moving good midday today. Saw deer at every feeder checking cams about 12:30.

Evening hunt was super windy and nothing moving, going to freeze in a tree tomorrow morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I watched this little guy yesterday afternoon and this morning for a while, does all over the place and he didn’t show them any attention. Never sniffed a one. His neck looked puffy but he never took off after one.

Comment

Watched the same buck this morning with what I thought was a doe, ended up being a spike…. Not sure why he isn’t with a doe right now

Comment

I've hunted 3 days this week in N Callahan and it has been super slow. A few young bucks chasing but I have not seen a mature buck- unusual for this time of year, esp with the cooler temps. It should be about to kick-off but we are crawling into this year's rut on our place.

Comment

Will be heading to fisher co the weekend will report back on sunday

Comment

Buddy said it was very slow at our place last weekend. I'm still in Missouri and won't be back at our place until Monday. Hopefully it will be going by then.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Based on the lack of activity on the thread, I'm assuming that everyone is experiencing the same as us.

Really strange year for sure. Dad and I have been out every weekend thus far, and deer sightings are down significantly.

Food plots look the best they have in years, but the numbers are definitely down.

Very few deer on camera, and we have seen only (1) mature buck.

Was expecting a down year, but not to this extent.

What is everyone else seeing/experiencing?

Keep grinding!

Comment

Inconsistent is the best way to describe it.
                  Haven't seen my target buck but started to see some more mature deer about 10 days ago. Between the drought and busted racks, nothing has gotten me excited yet and really only had one deer on camera I'd consider anyways. Some days have seen good rutting activity and the next i'll have 6 does in front of me and not a buck around.

Comment

We just started seeing activity out in Moran. Saw this guy on cell cam yesterday morning and he came back last evening.
                    But, yes it’s a very strange year.

Comment

Seeing few does in person and on camera. Have 1 mature buck, that I think I spooked on the walk out last night.

Had a nice 4 year old this morning with a bunch of spikes & forks. I’m glad he never gave me a shot, as I’d like for him to survive until next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Tcooper93 View Post
                        We just started seeing activity out in Moran. Saw this guy on cell cam yesterday morning and he came back last evening.
                        But, yes it’s a very strange year.

Great buck...congratulations!

Comment

Unbelievably slow this year. Numbers are way down mature bucks are way down. It’s been flat awful

Comment

It’s the worst I’ve seen it in years in Scurry and Fisher county.

No one is seeing mature deer on 17k acres. Only a few young bucks. A few doe. And no fawns to speak of. Hogs are rampant though.

I was lucky enough to kill a nice Mule deer the day before thanksgiving though.

Comment

Originally posted by mev002 View Post
                              It’s the worst I’ve seen it in years in Scurry and Fisher county.

No one is seeing mature deer on 17k acres. Only a few young bucks. A few doe. And no fawns to speak of. Hogs are rampant though.

I was lucky enough to kill a nice Mule deer the day before thanksgiving though.

Heck of a Mule...congratulations!

Comment

To all saying its a brutal year, you're absolutely correct. According to the guy that ranches our place, the period from 8/1/21-7/21/22 was the driest 12 month period in 64 years. I've been running cameras for almost 20 years and this is the first time ever we've had a handful of deer that look on deaths door, in spite of the fact we feed protein year around and have feeders every 150 acres and Hubbards Creek cuts right thru the middle of us.

So had my kiddo out with the gentlemen I lease with for ten days beginning the thursday before thanksgiving and we hunted hard! My hyper 11 year old who has a hard time sitting still for two minutes grinded for 7 days and over 40+ hours on stand before finally shooting a mature buck. His quote after our hunt was,"dad, we've had a lot more fun hunts but this was our most rewarding." Also, let him shoot a gobbler for Thanksgiving dinner!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X