Auto insurance increases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else seeing huge increases in premiums for renewal?
    Mine renews the first of the year, and looks like it’s going up almost 50%.
    Geico is going up from $2148 to $3093 for 6 months!
    Is there any where else I should be looking?

Thanks

Pm sent

Comment

Geico did same to me and I posted it here about 2 months ago- went with progressive

When I called Geico the lady just said, " don't feel bad, everyone is getting the shaft here with us"
      Last edited by RiverRat00; 11-15-2022, 06:57 PM.

Comment

My auto is going up about 20% but 2 of my vehicles are 11 & 19 years old. My homeowners is going up 40%. Bot are approximate and I haven’t taken the time to look around yet.

Comment

Replacement cost of vehicles is up a good bit, probably has somethng to do with it

We sat down with our agent last year and did an umbrella policy. Surprised how little additional premium required
          Anyone doing minimum required by state of Texas should think about how much vehicles cost and how much healthcare runs. One good wreck could lead to you paying a considerable amount out of your pocket AFTER insurance pays their limits
          Just my .02

Comment

Geico went up about $100 this month. We're shopping again.

Comment

This reminds me to look around a bit. Thanks!

Comment

I think most people have almost no idea how many things affect the price of their insurance

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                  Replacement cost of vehicles is up a good bit, probably has somethng to do with it

We sat down with our agent last year and did an umbrella policy. Surprised how little additional premium required
                  Anyone doing minimum required by state of Texas should think about how much vehicles cost and how much healthcare runs. One good wreck could lead to you paying a considerable amount out of your pocket AFTER insurance pays their limits
                  Just my .02
                  I prefer my agents also be fishing guides. Know of any off hand?

Comment

We saved a ton doing the "mile wise" program with All State. Wife is retired so car is parked and I work from home. So we drive very little so we pay very little compared to our old Geico bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      I think most people have almost no idea how many things affect the price of their insurance
                      I think most sensible people understand the things that affect the premiums. I also understand companies will give me a lower rate to get my business hoping they can keep it when they raise the rate. I also understand I have been paying them for close to 34yrs and only had one small claim for a bumper about 25yrs ago.

Comment

for the same cars I had in 2018 and same coverage, the price of my 6 month policy with Progressive has doubled for my renewal this month. help!

Comment

I can’t help but think that the amount of auto thefts, exhausts thefts and uninsured claims are hurting those who actually carry insurance.
                          Heard 2 more stories yesterday of uninsured causing wrecks and nothing be done to them.

My Geico hasn’t jumped (yet) and was way cheaper than progressive on my travel trailer.

I use Markel for off road machines ( they be CHEAP)
                          & Progressive for the motorcycle.
                          Last edited by DaveC; 11-15-2022, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

Just my .02
                            Absolutely great advice
                            Most folks want a deal until they find out their insurance is only going to pay 60 on the 100k totaled truck and only 100k of those 500k medical bills

Comment

I’ve been with Allstate for close to 15 years. Just had the same coverage quoted from another broker….. Allstate was $3,000 for 6 months and they were $1900. I’ll be changing this month.

Comment

Working...
                              X