Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, my wife locked herself out of the house and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hilarious! Quick thinking on her part....well after the locking herself out of the house part anyway..

Comment

Haha, sounds like she needed and excuse to see you in the middle of the day.

My lovely bride locked her Key fob in her truck....by using the outside door handle button. (Ram)
      No big deal..... except you can't.
      If you try to the doors unlock and the truck honks at you to warn you something ain't right.

But, when keep mashing the button while the truck is honking at you 3-4x in a row the truck gives up and lets you lock the keys inside.

Comment

Craziest thing about this thread is the Spypoint camera actually working!

Comment

My mom use to leave a note on the door saying the key was under the mat.

Comment

This could be a chapter right out of my own marriage!

I locked my keys in my car and had to call me husband for help. He had to drive to the house to pick up the spare key, then drive to my location ( on the other side of town) to rescue me. Needless to say, he was very unhappy! As it turned out, I finally found my keys…locked in the car.

As I’m waiting by my car in the parking lot (with the keys in plain view…hanging in the ignition), out of boredom and tired of pacing, I jerked on the door handle. To my surprise…and utter HORROR…the door opened!!

Now, this happened in the days before cell phones, so once I’d set my rescuer in motion, there was no way for me to call him off. In the interest of self preservation, I took a couple of glances around the parking lot, then quietly locked the door before shutting again.
            Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 11-04-2022, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Glorious!

Comment

I try to plan ahead.....never lock my shop and keep my shop beer fridge stocked for these type of emergencies;-)

Comment

My wife had a bad habit of locking her keys in the car, causing me much aggravation time to go and unlock her car. After the 6th or 7th time in as many months I told we were going to the tattoo parlor the coming weekend.

She wanted to know why I wanted a tattoo and I told her I didn't want one the trip was for her. She said she sure as he$$ didn't want one so there was no reason to go. I said yes we are because they also do piercings as well and you are getting two with a chain between them to hang a car key on. We didn't go but the threat was enough as she has only locked them up once in the 38 years since.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                    This could be a chapter right out of my own marriage!

I locked my keys in my car and had to call me husband for help. He had to drive to the house to pick up the spare key, then drive to my location ( on the other side of town) to rescue me. Needless to say, he was very unhappy! As it turned out, I finally found my keys…locked in the car.

As I’m waiting by my car in the parking lot (with the keys in plain view…hanging in the ignition), out of boredom and tired of pacing, I jerked on the door handle. To my surprise…and utter HORROR…the door opened!!

Now, this happened in the days before cell phones, so once I’d set my rescuer in motion, there was no way for me to call him off. In the interest of self preservation, I took a couple of glances around the parking lot, then quietly locked the door before shutting again.
                    Haha, classic.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      I am more curious where the dry erase board and marker came from?
                      Probably a neighbor. Or, maybe a trick to get him to come home for a nooner

Comment

Before my wife's most recent car (it won't lock if the key is within the car) she would lock her keys in the car at least 2-3 times a year.

Comment

What a hilarious thread!! Lots of great follow up stories too!!

I had a similar one to TLH's... Only when I got there, I discovered that my wife's car passenger window was rolled DOWN!! She never went on that side of the car... Hadn't a clue... She sheepishly said the kids must have rolled (yes, I said rolled) it down...

Comment

Lol that's hilarious!

Since others have posted similar stories... I drove dad's hand me down 2003 F150 in HS. I once came out of the convenience store and hopped in the truck. Fired her up and decided to gather some trash to throw out. I started to close the door behind me out of habit and before it even left my fingers i tried to turn around to grab it... but it was too late. Door closed and locked with truck running. Fortunately dad still had spare keys and let me in but he was not amused.

Comment

I bet it was your fault that she locked herself out and couldn’t find the key!

Comment

When y’all read a book, do you start at the end?

Hilarious OP

Comment

Working...
                                X