Things I do for fun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things I do for fun...

I love to refurbishe old record players. This one. Early 70s Montgomery Wards. Fixed the turn table motor. And upgraded the speakers. Hall and Oates, Jim Croce, Commodores sound amazing here at the BL Mansion.

Sent from my SM-A536V using Tapatalk

Pretty cool, looks good

Comment

Brings back many memories. There was nothing like bringing a new album home from the record store. Sliding it out of the sleeve and putting it on the turntable. You drop the needle on that first track and let the music wash over you as you sit back and read the liner notes. A completely different experience than the digital download

Comment

That’s cool BL.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          Brings back many memories. There was nothing like bringing a new album home from the record store. Sliding it out of the sleeve and putting it on the turntable. You drop the needle on that first track and let the music wash over you as you sit back and read the liner notes. A completely different experience than the digital download
          Yes sir!!! I frequent yard sales. Antique shops. You name it for new old vinyl.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            Reading liner notes was / is so much fun. At one time i nearly had them memorized on Rusty Wier's "Don't it make you wanna Dance" LP. Greatness.

Comment

Sounds like things are rockin’ tonight at Big Lee’s Mansion!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                Sounds like things are rockin’ tonight at Big Lee’s Mansion!
                Amen!!!

Comment

That’s cool bl. Few from my My oldie list- carol king, restless heart, Steve Warner, hall and Oates, the guess who, Chicago, mountain, and my all time fav-the eagles.

Comment

That looks good, and I bet sounds great! You could make some good money flipping those!

Comment

Man in the early 90s my brother and I turned about 50 of those vinyl records into impromptu Clay pigeons. Nothing flies like a Kenny Rogers from 1984!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                        I love to refurbishe old record players.
                        When my mother died a few years ago my sisters sent a cool old Telefunken console from the 50's or early 60's to good will.

Turntable, reel to reel, speakers, two extra speakers and receiver. It was teak.

I couldn't find anyone who wanted it.

Looked like this (random internet pic):

edit: pic didn't attach

Last edited by GA Bowhunter; 10-31-2022, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Working...
                          X