Red Stag killed in SHNF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
    I lost faith in Texas game wardens several years ago on Sabine lake. 3 nights in a row they stopped me flounder gigging. Checked everything on the boat. Fish, safety gear , motor, boat etc.. On the 3rd night I ask what the deal was. I said you have checked me 3 nights in a row. My boat is unique and I know you remember me.. He said yea just trying to catch you doing something wrong..
    I said why don't you go down to the levee on pleasure Island in the morning at stop some Vietnamese keeping over size trout and over their limit. You can tell they load up and make a trip home then come back.

His reply "they don't have license and won't pay their fines anyway" I said oh so you come out here and f with me because you think I have the money to pay the fine?
    He said yep pretty much..
    I would have shot the stag not knowing it was banned but I wouldn't have been caught unless they stopped my truck because I don't post pictures.

I've met and been checked by wardens in several states. Every encounter out of state has been great. I've even had Colorado wardens show me areas on maps to hunt where they recently saw Elk..
    The same wardens all three times?

Comment

Yes sir the same 3 guys.

Comment

Yes sir the same 3 guys.
        So I’m wondering why you would feel that way about All GW’s when you only had a bad problem with One boat load of Arses!

That would infuriate me also but I would have definitely followed through and reported them. It may not have made a difference but I would have done it

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
          So I’m wondering why you would feel that way about All GW’s when you only had a bad problem with One boat load of Arses!

That would infuriate me also but I would have definitely followed through and reported them. It may not have made a difference but I would have done it
          Because those wardens likely did not come up with that work ethic all on their own.

Comment

There have been several occasions mostly with federal wardens while duck hunting but some while hunting the national forest as well. I've been accused of using corn in the national forest for having un opened bags In my truck. I was leaving the next day for the lease and didn't want to unload and re load the corn. Several other things.

Just watch lone star law.. They don't ticket blatant violators. 1 ticket for 10 fish undersized for instance.. Some of them don't even know the laws they are trying to push. I've heard the Provosnick lady say some crazy wrong stuff on the show..

I'm not mad at em. I just choose to avoid them as much as possible just like cops..

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
              Because those wardens likely did not come up with that work ethic all on their own.
              I highly doubt that! There may have been 1 arse in the group of three but even so they should all be reprimanded. I’ll agree to disagree

Comment

I have never had any issues with game wardens. I have even hunted on various deer leases with both state and federal wardens. Just like any other job, I am sure there is a terd in the punch bowl every now and then.

Comment

I highly doubt that! There may have been 1 arse in the group of three but even so they should all be reprimanded. I’ll agree to disagree
                  So, you're saying/thinking that this is probably just one isolated azzhat, who came up with a stupid arse plan to harass a legal fisherman, 3 nights in a row. And not only that, but this A-hole GW had 2 idiot sidekicks with him, that went along with it as well? If so, that says a lot about some of the rank and file GW's in this state

All that being said, I personally know a few state GW's and I'd sure like to think that none of them would ever pull that BS on anyone.

Comment

His reply "they don't have license and won't pay their fines anyway" I said oh so you come out here and f with me because you think I have the money to pay the fine?
                    He said yep pretty much..
                    This is what ticks me off. Hassle honest people and try to find some minor crap to write a ticket. Let the illegals break the law with impunity.

Comment

Wait until you get cuffed and hauled to county jail for fishing without a license.............. and you're not even fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        This is what ticks me off. Hassle honest people and try to find some minor crap to write a ticket.
                        Like writing a ticket for not signing the back of your license. For the life of me I don't understand that one.

Comment

It's a money grab. Justifies their job. They won't stop the hog diggers trespassing or stop the road hunters poaching because that takes effort.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                            Like writing a ticket for not signing the back of your license. For the life of me I don't understand that one.
                            You don’t? Really?

Comment

You don’t? Really?
                              No I dont please enlighten me. Again why write a ticket for it?

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                                No I dont please enlighten me. Again why write a ticket for it?
                                It's been the law forever that you have to sign the license. And it's probably one of the most frequent tickets they write because so many think just because it's trivial, it shouldn't get you a ticket. Don't be the low hanging fruit.

I've had a couple of less than cordial encounters with wardens, but overall most have been professional. Here's the thing though, they ain't your buddy, and no matter how nice they are, how good a person they are, they will write you up in a heartbeat if they find something because it's their job. Don't make it easy for them and 99% of the time you have nothing to worry about.
                                Last edited by jdg13; 10-27-2022, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X