Elk Hooves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk Hooves

My buddy wants to make a lamp stand or something out of some elk hooves (feet). Any advice on how he would do it? Or is it a possible DIY project? Maybe a gun rack be easier? He just was trying to come up with an idea to use the elk hooves.

McKenzie makes feet lamp kits but not sure about elk size. They do have elk hoof gun rack pieces for sure

Elk Feet Mannikin - 90 Degree - ideal for gun racks, fishing rod racks, or coat racks.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
      McKenzie makes feet lamp kits but not sure about elk size. They do have elk hoof gun rack pieces for sure

https://www.mckenziesp.com/VF612-P19601.aspx
      I have a kudu foot/hoof lamp.

Comment

I’ve sculpted the form in clay before using a lamp kit. They were zebra feet but it would work for elk.

Comment

H.O.T did you make the zebra feet stand yourself? He want to try and DIY on the elk hooves. Not sure about all that. Lol

Comment

I made a small wood base and bolted the bottom of the hoof from the inside to the platform. Then I shaped modeling clay to the shape and size I wanted with the lamp kit coming up through the middle of the shank. Finally I sewed the back side of the leg from the bottom to the top. Let everything dry for a week or two then finished off the top with some leather. I made a matching pair for a client and they came out really pretty cool.

Comment

Tell him to make sure he uses the ones from the back legs

Comment

H.O.T you wouldn't happen to have a pic of it would you?

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
                  H.O.T you wouldn't happen to have a pic of it would you?
                  Sorry, I don’t. Did it several years ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X