No announcement yet.

lets talk bowstrings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Korbins. He has a shop in Lubbock now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
      Phantom Custom strings.

Matt Carter is the son of Mike Carter and he’s been making strings for a long time. Mike used to be “Crackers” on AT and does a lot of tuning for folks that send their bows in to get “Crackerized.” I never have, but I’ve put on several sets of their strings.

I have a set of their waxless bloodline strings on my traverse that I have put through hell. I have just now started to see some fraying, but not enough to justify replacing them.

He has a 1 year no questions asked warranty. I’m talking like if you cut the string with your knife while redoing a peep type of deal - it’s warrantied. He also warranties against peep rotation. After turkey season I checked my ATA after the course of a year from the previous deer season.

I prefer to setup my bow 1/16 - 1/8th short on the ATA so if the string stretches, I’m still in spec.

My traverse was right at 33 ATA which is spot on.

I usually don’t get more than a season out of my strings because I drag them through hell on public land. GAS and Vaportrail have not been anywhere near as durable as these.

The bloodline material is a little weird to serve, as it’s super slick because of the coating so you have to take extra wraps to get it to bite but that’s the only real issue I’ve ran into with em.
      Using these as well. Gone thru zebras and ABB’S in 8-9 months. Phantom waxless still look nearly new after over a year

Comment

How often should I change the string in my bow?? I have a 2011 Bowtech with the factory string, Don use it a lot, may be 100 shots a year.

Comment

@AHF, 3 or 4 years top's. I shoot daily and change my cables and strings annually.

+1 for Catfish Customs!

Comment

I have Gas on my bow, my daughters bow, my sons bow and our crossbow. Have not had any problems with stretch or rotation. Will continue to use Gas strings.

Comment

60x custom strings. Wouldn’t recommend. This is the second set I’ve bought where the serving had to be replaced within 60 of the first shots.

Comment

Gas

Comment

The GAS on my BowTech are going on 2 years and I ain’t touched them. Dead on

Comment

I replaced the factory Zebras with ABB, then replaced those with Threadz this year. So far I like the Threadz the best.

Comment

Catfish Customs. Great strings at reasonable prices. Also great customer service. I got a few sets of Mercury sets for my bowtechs and they were awesome. Currently running X99s on my Nexxus. The factory strings on my inline have been probably the longest I’ve shot factory strings without issues, 10 months

Comment

A3 Bloodlines...zero stretch, water resistant, dirt resistant and NO WAX EVER!

Comment

Working...
                        X