Digital tagging TPWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
    Follow their instructions for that scenario. Which is 95% of a scenario where you have service.

You open the app record it.. it saves as unsubmitted.. you still put the same info on the deer less the confirmationnumber.... then when you get service you submit the harvest information. Put the confirmation number out on the deer.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    All the while you can just fill out your tag and put it on the animal once, instead of having to do it twice with digital.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
      All the while you can just fill out your tag and put it on the animal once, instead of having to do it twice with digital.
      Those who dont want to do it, will find reasons not to. And that's cool by me. I decided to use it.

It seems to be a bit more information needed in the digital system, but its probably 5 min of time and I dont have to cut out the tiny little tag and try to still have it visable but attached and keep it dry.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Doubt I’ll be able to hunt or fish this year but I paid for my combo. My understanding is you still have to tag the animal with some kind of paper and ink that stays on the paper, and secure it to the animal/fish.

Just one less thing to carry in wallet. Easy to have the paper, pen, and zip ties in a pack.

Comment

After watching the tagging video seems like more of a pain for digital

Comment

Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post
            After watching the tagging video seems like more of a pain for digital
            Nothing about it will be a pain until you are ftf with a game warden with no service for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              Old school here. Will use tags as long as I can

Don't want anymore people having electronic access to my stuff. Especially the gov
              Yep, my sentiments as well.

Comment

GPS metadata attached to your digital tag, eh no thanks. I will also use the paper tags until forced to comply.

Comment

With physical tags you need your license, zip tie, and pen to tag a deer.

With digital tagging now you need a charged cell phone, pen, durable material to place on deer, and cell service.

Where exactly is the benefit?

I thought the main reason for going digital was to prevent a common issue - not having your license/tags on you. but if you forget your roll of duct tape and a sharpie you’re also screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                    With physical tags you need your license, zip tie, and pen to tag a deer.

With digital tagging now you need a charged cell phone, pen, durable material to place on deer, and cell service.

Where exactly is the benefit?

I thought the main reason for going digital was to prevent a common issue - not having your license/tags on you. but if you forget your roll of duct tape and a sharpie you’re also screwed.
                    I have the same thoughts towards durable tags.

I do think reporting could help limits being adjusted. I've hunted Waller County forever and most hunts it's all does. Yet we can't shoot does except for a few days and that's still pretty new outside of bow season. If they saw everyone across the county shot a doe they might say hey, let's allow 1 doe a year.

Comment

I actually really like the idea but elected to go with the old school method simply because we have 0 cell service at the lease which means I would have to write my hunting license number and all the other info on my duck tape. If we had service there I would have gone digital

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you have to put a tag on it anyway I prefer to use the one on my license. And not everybody has service at a lease and that’s just one more thing a warden can get you on. I’m old school and used to it. Besides where do you stick your duck stamp if you don’t have your license.

Comment

The amount of folks who think they can't be tracked by thier cell phone already is hysterical

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            The amount of folks who think they can't be tracked by thier cell phone already is hysterical

...and saying having a cell phone on a hunt is a hinderance.

All the while doing a live hunt, mounting it to your bow for video, texting pick to age/score/spread, onX, gps, wind apps, etc.

(sent from my laptop, cuz my flip-phone doesn't do taptalk)

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

I guess that they just don't realize that the folder things they give you to put the license in has tracking devices too. And they steal your thoughts, and make you spend money when you don't want to to, and gives you the squirts sometimes, etc., etc. etc. You know that feeling you get when your all alone, and the hairs on the back of your neck stand up......that's them.

Comment

I went digital this year. Like the idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X