Africa shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Africa shipping

Just got back from my first trip last week and just curious about shipping costs. I know it varies, but what is the average cost to have a crate shipped back? Gonna be 3 skulls, a rug, and 1 shoulder mount

I just got back and I’m ready to go again. They weren’t kidding when they said you will have to go back

8 skulls and hides in 2019. We are heading back on 6/22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post

Thank you and good luck! I wasn’t sure what I was expecting price was, but I thought it would be a little cheaper than that. Anything particular on the list?

Comment

Curious to see others post as it is probably double that now compared to 2019?

Curious to see.

Comment

I’m booking my first trip for September how was your experience?

Comment

$1000.00 then pay for a inspector from airport $350. Then a USDA taxidermist, the hits keep a coming.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Africa shipping

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
              Thank you and good luck! I wasn’t sure what I was expecting price was, but I thought it would be a little cheaper than that. Anything particular on the list?

$1300 and some change to pack/dip over there.
              $765 for Coppersmith here in the states.

I’d imagine it’s going to be a lot more this year, but the hunting is less than half price.

I’m going with $3500 package
              Blue wildebeest
              Gemsbok
              Warthog
              2 Impala rams
              2 Impala ewes.

Hopefully the savings in the hunt will cover the increase in shipping and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
                I’m booking my first trip for September how was your experience?
                It was amazing. Blew my expectations out of the water, just be prepared to spend extra than what you planed for. I wish I would have shot a nyala and kudu

Comment

$1300 and some change to pack/dip over there.
                  $765 for Coppersmith here in the states.

I’d imagine it’s going to be a lot more this year, but the hunting is less than half price.

I’m going with $3500 package
                  Blue wildebeest
                  Gemsbok
                  Warthog
                  2 Impala rams
                  2 Impala ewes.

Hopefully the savings in the hunt will cover the increase in shipping and then some.

Very nice. Blue wildebeest still blows my mind about how tough they are; I’ve never seen a animal take 2 in the chest. Blow blood and chunks of stuff out their nose and then run off like nothing happened and only to be seen once more and acting just fine

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                    $1000.00 then pay for a inspector from airport $350. Then a USDA taxidermist, the hits keep a coming.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    You ain’t lyin, nickel and dime every step of the way

Comment

Very high dollar according to folks I have spoken to over the last few years.

Comment

Can you them “Euro” mounted and hides tanned over there and just put them straight on wall here? I only want a Cape buffalo and Kudu shoulder mounted. The rest I want skulls

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
                          Can you them “Euro” mounted and hides tanned over there and just put them straight on wall here? I only want a Cape buffalo and Kudu shoulder mounted. The rest I want skulls
                          Yes. They will clean, dip and pack. You get flat hides and clean skulls.

Mine went from the airport to my local taxidermist.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            Very high dollar according to folks I have spoken to over the last few years.
                            You heard correctly! The shipping for our 2021 trophies was about twice what our 2019 shipping cost us, and even the 2019 shipment went up from what we were originally quoted, because they were set to ship right before Covid shut everything down in March of 2020. They were delayed and ultimately the shipping prices went up, and have stayed there. I don't remember the number off the top of my head (and don't want to), but just be ready to pay it, because you'll still be enjoying your trophies long after the sting of the shipping price wears off.

Comment

You can save the expediter $ easily if you just fill out your own paperwork and pick it up at the airport. It may be harder if you have CITES permits but I’m sure it’s doable.

Comment

Working...
                              X