Negotiating with insurance company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Sounds like a typical insurance company doing what typical insurance companies do!

Comment

ACV insurance is the policy. If it depreciated 50g I promise they would not care what you paid for it.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that, hate a thief !

Originally posted by Buff View Post
          They talked like they would not pay more than I gave for it.

Unless there is wording in the policy to reflect that - they owe you what the fair market value is.

I know this is water under the bridge at this point, if you have an expensive vehicle it is best to get an agreed value policy.
          Last edited by SCHC; 05-19-2022, 02:30 PM.

Comment

When I totalled my Tundra, I got fair market malue of a truck in similar condition. Meaning they pulled recent sales records and gave me a little above the average

Anything beyond stock, I would have needed to submit details to get more than the FMV.

Matt

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure I would leave something that expensive at the airport. Well heck I wouldn't own one lol

Sucks!!! I don't see how insurance can win and beat you in this situation

They have the VIN, they should have all they need

Comment

better call Saul

Comment

Hate to hear that Marty, you may or may not have problems with the insurance company. If I were in your shoes, I’d have an attorney standing in the wings.

Comment

I wouldn't stress until you get the amount from them. Get your own comps, be ready to argue, but not much you can do until they send your amount.

How long ago was it stolen?

Comment

Surely there is video if it was at the airport

And if it is FMV then a sticker is no concern of theirs, unless it listed upgrades over whatever base features are on one. And then I would give them a copy of all but the prices

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        Surely there is video if it was at the airport

And if it is FMV then a sticker is no concern of theirs, unless it listed upgrades over whatever base features are on one. And then I would give them a copy of all but the prices
                        I don't have my window stickers...just saying.

Comment

I don't either Randy but I have only ever bought 2 new vehicles

Comment

I'm in a similar situation Marty. But at a lessor scale. Was told to have my comps ready to argue along with receipts. And an appraisal if necessary. And if it can't be "reasonably" worked out, then I was told to tell them I will see them in court.

Part of the negotiating Insurance team's duty is to pay the least they can on the companie's behalf. You can expect a lowball offer to start. Lots of people out there settle for the first offer not knowing any better when dealing with them the first time.
                            Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-19-2022, 05:51 PM.

Comment

My F-250 was stolen a few years ago. I had to fight tooth and nail to get what the truck was worth. They shot me a low offer of 8,000. The truck was worth 13+. I finally got 12,300 . Do your research and stick to your guns.

Comment

All I know is that replacement cost insurance on $2300 Swarski binoculars was about $900.

Comment

Working...
                                X