Ooh wee, dats some spicy chicken!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh wee, dats some spicy chicken!

Oh man, this is good. Stumbled into it by experimenting, and now it’s a family favorite. Super easy.

Pack of boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 2-3 lbs of meat
    2 Stubbs Citrus and Onion marinade packets
    2 good sized, fresh, very angry habaneros
    1 clementine orange, of half a regular orange

Basically, make the marinade according to the directions on the packets, but make it in a blender. Add the peeled clementine or half orange as well, and add both whole habaneros. Blend it until smooth.

Then, in a gallon ziploc bag or a big bowl, marinade the chicken thighs for an hour at room temperature. Grill em up, and whammo! Perfect amount of burn. Noticeable but not painful, and the heat increases the more you eat. Slice it up for fajitas or just shovel your face as soon they come off the grill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have Carolina Reapers. Does one of them equal the two Habanero's, or is one Reaper too much? I have been trying to use the Reapers in some recipes, but have found you have to be VERY careful with them!
    Last edited by softpoint; 01-19-2020, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
      I have Carolina Reapers. Does one of them equal the two Habanero's, or is one Reaper too much? I have been trying to use the Reapers in some recipes, but have found you have to be VERY careful with them!

I’ve never tried a reaper, but the habaneros only transfer their heat to the chicken through the marinade, so it isn’t like eating a whole pepper. I will try a hotter pepper with the marinade next time, since the heat with 2 habaneros is right at the limit of what regular folks will eat.

Comment

Sounds delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
          One reaper is hotter than 5 habaneros.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
            One reaper is hotter than 5 habaneros.

I read about the red savina habanero today that picks up where the regular orange ones leave off. That one might be the ticket. Have to grow it though, don’t think you can get them at HEB. [emoji41]

Comment

Wife loves the Reaper and Scorpion plants. They are kind of pretty when blooming and producing. We have some plants that are three years old. I've heard they have a good flavor if used sparingly enough, but they are too potent in everything I've tried them in. A little of either one goes a long way, that's for sure! I'd like to find some recipes I could use a few in...

Comment

Tagged on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X