LaVoy Finicum shooting: What happened when

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LaVoy Finicum shooting: What happened when

This timeline puts a new twist on the Savoy Finicum shooting.

Read how accounts from law enforcement, witnesses and video footage line up to tell the story of Robert "LaVoy" Finicum's final minutes.

The detail seem a little fuzzy, maybe the police have something to hide. As a conservative mature adult I will allow the system to play out so the truth can be found and not help burn down the nearest town chanting white lives matter.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      The detail seem a little fuzzy, maybe the police have something to hide. As a conservative mature adult I will allow the system to play out so the truth can be found and not help burn down the nearest town chanting white lives matter.
      Same here. I just thought it was interesting that there was a lot more shooting going on other than Finicum being gunned down.

2:01 Payne's hands are visible outside the front passenger seat window. -- Video

Payne rolls down his window. He puts his arms out the window to show he doesn't have any weapons. -- Cox

Payne starts to put his head out and "a bullet came by. He jumped back really fast in the car. The bullet hit the metal between the mirror and the door. They fired without provocation." -- Cox

Police shot at him and "they missed him or he ducked just in time." -- Sharp

"That was the first shot." -- Sharp

Police weren't yelling directions. "That was the first of anything. There was nothing. They shot at Ryan's hands. That freaked us out." -- Cox

Comment

If you were one of the Oregon LEOs at the roadblock, and Finicum drove his truck in the same manner at you, what would you do?
        I would be riddling his truck with bullets myself.
        They knew he was armed.
        They knew he had proclaimed that he would not go to jail.
        They found guns in the truck afterwards.
        Finicum and the Bundy's had already committed a crime.
        What would you do if were a LEO?

Comment

If this was a black thug we'd just all be saying **** you play stupid games you win stupid prizes. I see no difference here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
            If this was a black thug we'd just all be saying **** you play stupid games you win stupid prizes. I see no difference here.
            I see no difference at all.

Like almost every other instance, compliance with orders and not making sudden moves tends to dramatically improve your chances of no injuries or death.

Comment

PLAY STUPID GAMES, WIN STUPID PRIZES

the cops acted correctly...

Comment

The first incident happened before the roadblock. The passenger put his hands out the window to show he didn't have a weapon. This is when a bullet hits between the the mirror and door. So it's okay for the cops to start shooting?

Comment

Just like the other cases involving black lives Im not going to draw a conclusion until it all the details come out. For anyone to say the cops acted correctly or the victim acted correctly is making an uninformed decision as no one on this forum was there and saw this. Statistically it is more likely that the cops acted correctly yes but again we don't know.

Comment

Yes sir

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                      Same here. I just thought it was interesting that there was a lot more shooting going on other than Finicum being gunned down.

2:01 Payne's hands are visible outside the front passenger seat window. -- Video

Payne rolls down his window. He puts his arms out the window to show he doesn't have any weapons. -- Cox

Payne starts to put his head out and "a bullet came by. He jumped back really fast in the car. The bullet hit the metal between the mirror and the door. They fired without provocation." -- Cox

Police weren't yelling directions. "That was the first of anything. There was nothing. They shot at Ryan's hands. That freaked us out." -- Cox

2:07 Payne abruptly pulls his hands back into the car. – Video

2:07 One officer moves quickly from an open area between two law enforcement vehicles and back to a place behind one of the vehicle doors. -- Video

No shots were fired at Finicum's truck during the first stop -- Law enforcement sources told The Oregonian/OregonLive

You missed the part where LEO says no shots were fired.

Then the guy who they supposedly shot at exited the vehicle. Would you get out of the vehicle after being shot at with no provocation?

People in Finicum's truck say, "'Oh, they mean business. They were serious. They're going to shoot us.'" Payne decides to try to talk to law enforcement and gets out of the car. -- Sharp

About four minutes into the video, Ryan Payne exits the truck.

I think Finicum got the confrontation he wanted but gambled and lost in the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X