I'm a conservative but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Tracey it just boggles my mind that anyone would not totally enjoy what our President and Commander-in-Chief did to celebrate our Nation's birthday and salute those who lay down their very lives to keep us free!! It is truly a sad say in America! I honestly don't think those nay-sayers are many in number. They're just LOUD!! 'Bout time the rest of us got LOUD right back in their pathetic faces!!
    Well said, as usual. We MUST NOT be the SILENT majority any longer !

Comment

Tracey it just boggles my mind that anyone would not totally enjoy what our President and Commander-in-Chief did to celebrate our Nation's birthday and salute those who lay down their very lives to keep us free!! It is truly a sad say in America! I honestly don't think those nay-sayers are many in number. They're just LOUD!! 'Bout time the rest of us got LOUD right back in their pathetic faces!!
      I agree. At first I thought they were doing a military parade, which I personally don't think is desirable, but the flyovers are very cool and having the tanks there, well... I wish I could have seen pictures of that!

The military parade thing - this is just me but I fear God would send plagues on us for that - being prideful and arrogant. I've suffered plenty for my own pride and I'd hate to see that happen to our country. Some will say I'm weird and make fun of me or even try to argue with me, but that is the honest reason and only reason why I don't want a military parade. I feel we can and do honor our military in other ways. A Fourth of July parade should honor all American Patriots - not just the military.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
        I agree. At first I thought they were doing a military parade, which I personally don't think is desirable, but the flyovers are very cool and having the tanks there, well... I wish I could have seen pictures of that!

The military parade thing - this is just me but I fear God would send plagues on us for that - being prideful and arrogant. I've suffered plenty for my own pride and I'd hate to see that happen to our country. Some will say I'm weird and make fun of me or even try to argue with me, but that is the honest reason and only reason why I don't want a military parade. I feel we can and do honor our military in other ways. A Fourth of July parade should honor all American Patriots - not just the military.
        Well, you won't see my thinking/saying you're weird. I stand WITH you in this completely! There's a reason we say "God Bless America"! Without His blessing, there will be NO America. Look what happened to Israel/Judah when He took his blessing from them due to disobedience and immoral acts!! Our turn is coming if we as a Nation do not change our ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
          It was a 4th of July parade. A celebration of freedom. Those tanks were part of keeping us free.
          I don’t understand all the whining. Fighter jets fly over big events all the time. Should those cease as well?
          I agree. I don't know why people don't like celebrating. I use to love to go to the airshow in Burnet just to watch the A1 Warthogs, but Obama nixed that. I can remember once in Abilene at the train depot as a child a train with all kind of tanks and military weapons were there. People lined the streets with flags and Patriotic music playing just to see. It was awesome!!! At a lot of the rodeos around here watching the First Cavalry Horse Division perform is something I always watch and love. I would have loved to seen the D.C. parade. Somewhere this country has lost Patriotism and if its needed more now than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            I agree. I don't know why people don't like celebrating. I use to love to go to the airshow in Burnet just to watch the A1 Warthogs, but Obama nixed that. I can remember once in Abilene at the train depot as a child a train with all kind of tanks and military weapons were there. People lined the streets with flags and Patriotic music playing just to see. It was awesome!!! At a lot of the rodeos around here watching the First Cavalry Horse Division perform is something I always watch and love. I would have loved to seen the D.C. parade. Somewhere this country has lost Patriotism and if its needed more now than ever.
            Once again THERE WAS NO PARADE. It was a stationary setting on the Capital Mall in downtown DC. No tanks rumbling down the street, no marching bands... It was more like a typical Trump rally only it was solely and completely dedicated to honoring the Nation's Independence and those who keep her free. Even with pouring down rain just before the event and while it began, there must have been hundreds of thousands of people there cheering and celebrating... How anyone could dislike that is beyond me. If someone was turned off by this display of patriotic honoring of Nation and military, then perhaps that someone is NOT an American.

Comment

Once again THERE WAS NO PARADE. It was a stationary setting on the Capital Mall in downtown DC. No tanks rumbling down the street, no marching bands... It was more like a typical Trump rally only it was solely and completely dedicated to honoring the Nation's Independence and those who keep her free. Even with pouring down rain just before the event and while it began, there must have been hundreds of thousands of people there cheering and celebrating... How anyone could dislike that is beyond me. If someone was turned off by this display of patriotic honoring of Nation and military, then perhaps that someone is NOT an American.
              Gotcha. I thought there was a parade leading up to the speech Fireworks. Either way would have loved to be there.

Comment

I don't understand how/why tanks and whatever else they had displayed are offensive to anyone. Seems like a lot of folks fell like they need to be looking for reasons to be offended these days.

God bless America and the military that keeps us free!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  I don't understand how/why tanks and whatever else they had displayed are offensive to anyone. Seems like a lot of folks fell like they need to be looking for reasons to be offended these days.

the only time I got offended is when one of the Warthog pilots let Riley Sit in the Cock Pit and they wouldn't let me
                  Last edited by BrandonA; 07-10-2019, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    the only time I got offended is when one of the Warthog pilots let Riley Sit in the Cock Pit and the couldn't let me

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post

I don’t think the tanks or anything else offended anyone. It’s just the fact that Trump did it that was offensive. It’s a sickness with these haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                        I don’t think the tanks or anything else offended anyone. It’s just the fact that Trump did it that was offensive. It’s a sickness with these haters.
                        exactly!

Comment

First of all it was NOT a parade... Nobody or no equipment moved anywhere. What happened was many, many thousands of red-blooded Americans gathered on the Capitol Mall for the celebration and to see our President salute our military... as it is our military that makes it possible for us to be free and stay free. No tanks were rumbling down the streets. They were given a place of honor either side of the stage where the speech was given. The dang tanks were completely appropriate to have been there as symbols of our military prowess... They are the premier fighting machine for land on the planet. I for one am **** proud they were there and I'd have liked it even better if he'd fired their guns off a time or two... heck a 21 gun salute to our nation's birthday would have been completely appropriate. GOOD GRIEF!!

If those 2 tanks scare you, son you better hope we never have to use them on our soil or you'll crawl under your bed and **** yourself!

Drop mic....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

this is giving me heart burn ->
                            .....From the info I can find they came from many different perspectives, political persuasions, homes and family status and religious beleifs, but they all agreed to sign our founding documents......

Our country was founded on Judeo-Christian values.
                            Judeo-Christian Roots of America's Founding Ideals and Documents Dear Friends, Most states have now put in place a series of standards and performance objectives which students must attain in order to graduate from high school. As a member of Arizona's Standards Committee for Social Studies I was anxious to get some me

There are many many facts to back this. The many religions thing is being taught to the younger generation.

Comment

lotta folks just got to have something to get all butthurt over... Never seen so many whiners in my life!
                              Yep, snowflakes more or less!

Comment

I could be wrong but I’d be willing to bet our founding fathers would **** their knickers if they could see the full on circus these leftist troglodytes are trying to make of this country. Even the idiots knew what bathroom to use back then....

Comment

Working...
                                X