Doodle Dog breeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doodle Dog breeds

So I am looking for information and opinions of Doodle dog breeds. Lab, golden and Irish.

If anyone is aware of breeders located in Texas I would appreciate some information on them.

Also any opinions comparing the three types I listed above. Specifically the Irishdoodle, that is the one that interest me the most.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a Goldendoodle and he’s a good dog but I’ll never own another one.

Comment

The guy that first started breeding the golden doodles says that it was a horrible mistake to get this conglomeration started. He wished he had never done it. I have not owned one, but the ones I have seen are generally idiots.

Comment

Why ruin those good breeds by mixing a poodle in with them?

Comment

Coming from a kennel owner that breeds very well pedigreed labs, why ruin a good breed? Just to fit into a click? People have worked for decades to keep breeds pure and then you get idiots wanting to fit in somewhere so they dream up a doodle anything!!!! Please

Comment

mud creek labradoodles is where we got our 8 month old chocolate labradoodle. He's a really good dog - smart as all get out, but a goober (silly) at the same time. Doesn't shed AT ALL and our house doesn't even come close to smelling like a dog....that's why we got one and will get another....he's a fantastic family dog with my crazy kids.

Comment

We bought a labradoodle from Bowtech08 on here. I call him Doofus because that is how he acts as a puppy. I think he will be a good dog when he grows up. He's the happiest dog we've had.

Comment

We have a golden doodle and she’s as smart or smarter than any lab I have owned. Great dog with our little girl and very very protective. Everyone loves her and she is welcome at everyone’s house.

We bought her from a breeder south of Houston from a referral. 2 different friends have sisters from another littler and theirs are just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
                  Why ruin those good breeds by mixing a poodle in with them?

Standard poodles are the 2nd smartest breed behind collies.

Comment

I wish you luck and hope you get a smart one

I've yet to see one that wasn't ugly as heck

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                      Standard poodles are the 2nd smartest breed behind collies.
                      Not collies, but border collies. I would never mix my BC, with anything.

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys. To be honest I’m asking because my wife is wanting one....and will probably get one.

I don’t use dogs for any sort of work outside of a family pet, so that is all we are looking for.

I’ve always had heelers and would love another one but living in town now it’s hard to justify another one. Plus the shedding and primarily being indoors won’t work for us.

Comment

Try it
                          Dogs are like people some are smart and some are dumb. Smarts come from breeding not a breed

Comment

My son has a 3/4 lab 1/4 poodle and that dog is sharp as a tack.

Comment

We have some friends in Madisonville that own South Paw Doodle Co. If you have Facebook you can look them up. I can PM you their number if you would like.

Comment

Working...
                              X