X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 or 7mm

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
      Just seen those. Ive never owned a Savage. I hear the new guns are actually pretty decent. I like the looks of the 110 High Country
      Savage is like a fat girl at closing time. They perform everytime, but they don't look good while doing it. Im pretty **** picky about my rifles, and i cant find a complaint about the way Savages shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        Savage is like a fat girl at closing time. They perform everytime, but they don't look good while doing it. Im pretty **** picky about my rifles, and i cant find a complaint about the way Savages shoot.
        I keep seeing the ugly comments lol. I haven’t seen this gun in person, but it looks pretty sweet online in my opinion.

Comment

I keep seeing the ugly comments lol. I haven’t seen this gun in person, but it looks pretty sweet online in my opinion.
          Savage action - it is an ugly action compared to others. Shoots small groups

Defiance action - Precision benchrest engineered , smooth action and shoots very tiny groups
          Last edited by Cajun Blake; 02-15-2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Tagged.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
              I have a 300PRC and it has plenty of knockdown, crazy accurate and I can’t tell the difference between the 6.5PRC and the 300. Very mild
              You sure you chambered a 300 prc? Lol. They have some pretty good punch

Great caliber. My vote is 300 win mag.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                Honestly, a 7mm-08 with 140gr accubonds will handle elk out to 300-400 yards with no problem. Minimal recoil, and inherently accurate.

If I wanted to go bigger, I’d just make the jump to either a 28 Nosler or a 30 caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                This gets my vote. Love mine

Comment

Originally posted by traildust View Post
                  or make heads explode......308

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    You sure you chambered a 300 prc? Lol. They have some pretty good punch

Great caliber. My vote is 300 win mag.
                    Which is packing most kick. 28 nosler, 300 WM, of 300 PRC?

Comment

Which is packing most kick. 28 nosler, 300 WM, of 300 PRC?
                      The 300 PRC pack about 35 feet of punch because of its design to shoot 220+grains of bullet
                      300wm 26 feet with 180@2950fps

Here is a recoil chart for similar caliber rifles
                      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 02-15-2020, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Sendero Special in 7mm Rem Mag. Little recoil, Kills stuff dead.

Comment

280 AI. That’s it, case closed.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                            280 AI. That’s it, case closed.
                            What is the advantage of a AI over a .280rem both throw a 150gr about 2900-3000 FPS

Comment

Help Me Pick My Next Hunting Caliber!

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                              What is the advantage of a AI over a .280rem both throw a 150gr about 2900-3000 FPS

The advantage of the AI over the original 280 is 100-150 fps with the same bullet. The 280 AI version is seeing a bit of a comeback and several manufacturers are chambering rifles in the AI now. I'm not aware of any manufacturers turning out standard 280s these days. Ammo, brass, and load data are easy to find at any online retailer or big box outdoor store.
                              Last edited by bloodtrail18; 02-15-2020, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Read dale moser’s comments in another thread. It was spot on

Comment

Working...
                                X