ISO 338, 375 variant rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO 338, 375 variant rifles

Hello everyone I’m looking for a rifle to use this coming year on some hunts across some military bases I’ll be traveling to for some training. I have a 30-06 and 270 but I would like to have a rifle in 375 or 338. That being said any of the variants will work for my uses like 375 H&H, 375 Ruger, 338 Win Mag, 338 RUM.
    I’d like to see if anyone has one of these big magnum rifles they no longer want or need.
    Thanks
    -Jake

Don’t forget the 338 Lapua

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I would take that too
      I would even consider the 30-378 weatherby

Comment

Are you hunting tanks?

Comment

No but my shots have strong potential to be up around 600-800 yards and two areas I will be bear hunting

Comment

Originally posted by Quanah11 View Post
            No but my shots have strong potential to be up around 600-800 yards and two areas I will be bear hunting
            Don't know about the rest of the guns you mentioned but the 375 H & H isn't anywhere near a 600 to 800 yd. Round.

Comment

How come you don’t want a 300 rum, 300 weatherby or 300 win mag?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                How come you don’t want a 300 rum, 300 weatherby or 300 win mag?
                I’ve had all three the only one out of those three I really liked it’s performance was the 300 Weatherby. The cost over benefit doesn’t really become practical for me until I get into beneficial ground until I get into the ones I mentioned. If I am taking a 300 variant somewhere it can either be done with a 270/30-06 or if it is too much for those two guns I can get it done with one of the 375/338 family and still have some potential left over. Also it opens up some of the caliber restricted areas abroad that I would need one of the bigger guns for anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  Don't know about the rest of the guns you mentioned but the 375 H & H isn't anywhere near a 600 to 800 yd. Round.
                  You are correct but it can reach 600 with proper optics and load data
                  However in my experience with it what it lacks in range it makes up in <300 yards with pure stopping force.
                  I’m casting somewhat of a wide net to cover a large necessity. If I get a 375 H&H I’ll load it all the way down and shoot mule deer or load it all the way up and shoot brown bear but need to be closer than the other of the family.
                  Now if I go with the 338 RUM it can go long distance but suffers against the 375 H&H in the short range stopping power due to the smaller bullet going much faster.
                  I mean honestly it will all get the job done and if someone can hunt up to 600 yards they aren’t hunting very hard.
                  My reasoning for the extra gas is time constraints and wide array of animals. I might only get a couple days and need to shoot across a canyon instead of planning the stalk for the next day.

Comment

Bump

Comment

See if you can find a .338 Edge. Fits your needs nicely!

Comment

I got a 35 Whelen that I might sell

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          I got a 35 Whelen that I might sell
                          Pm me some details please that would be a good choice, I didn’t post that caliber because of its scarcity

Comment

I have a 375 Black Mesa Express. Custom rifle built on a Model 70. Shoots 300 gr. at 2900 fps. I have dies, some brass with correct HS, and a bunch of Ultra Mag brass that can be used.

Comment

I have a safe queen 300RUM because that rifle just is ****** off.

Comment

Working...
                              X