No announcement yet.

2020-2021 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just pulled into Mt Home for a work weekend . Still looks good. Green all over. I actually think it is greener now than early May.

Comment

Well the boar I was after smelled me and took off, I did trap 11 more raccoons last night which brings our total to 75 for 2020. It's nice and green out here and not too dusty which is nice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
        Just pulled into Mt Home for a work weekend . Still looks good. Green all over. I actually think it is greener now than early May.
        Dejas, did you hear much axis calling this weekend? I’m heading up Thursday to our place near Mnt Home and hoping to get in to some rutting axis action!

Comment

They are always yelling at our place. It was cool in the evenings and overnight. The deer were moving starting around 5:00. Saw both Axis and WT. 53 this morning when I woke up. Literally had a blanket on to keep comfortable when sleeping.

Comment

Almost had 2” of rain with this mornings storm!! Very blessed to say the least!

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
              Almost had 2” of rain with this mornings storm!! Very blessed to say the least!
              Looks like our lease south of Mason picked up a decent rain also. The closest LCRA rain gauge said around an inch and a half. Definitely needed it.

Comment

Forget to post up last weekend.....

We were at the lease last weekend (nine days ago). Killed 5 more hogs total. Took my kid's with me and also took my daughter's boyfriend with me and he got to kill his first pig ever (ended up with 2). I'll post up pictures in a bit.

It was definitely getting dry. The rain today was much needed. The bucks are coming along nicely.

Comment

At the ranch now. Got a little over half an inch this AM. Sure wish we had got more,but as dry as it is, tickled pink to get this. Things are still looking ok. Deer are looking good .

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200614_063832.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	24621324

Name:	Resized_20200614_063641.jpg
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	24621325

Name:	Resized_20200614_063712.jpg
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	24621326

Name:	Resized_20200614_063741.jpg
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	24621327

A few deer pictures.

Comment

Name:	Resized_20200614_071903.jpg
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	24621328

Name:	Resized_20200613_205922.jpg
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	24621329

Name:	Resized_20200614_071938.jpg
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	24621330

Name:	Resized_20200614_080722.jpg
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	24621331

3 of the 5 pigs we killed (I didn't post pictures of my daughters boyfriend pigs he killed). One picture is of the cutters on the biggest boar. The other picture is how much fat the one medium size pig had on her.

Comment

Some fat pigs there. Congrats to ya'll Brad!I killed one this evening that was 185 lbs. He had fat on him like your pics. The deer have finally started hitting protein hard here. I don't know if it is because we have a wildlife exemption and more food or what. I was getting worried about how little they were eating. They are making up for it now. Lol!

Comment

Everything is green in harper, Deer are hammering the protein, corn and my bird feeder..

Comment

Pic of the boar I killed tues evening. He was rolling in fat. 185 lbs on scale.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                              Pic of the boar I killed tues evening. He was rolling in fat. 185 lbs on scale.

That's a cool looking boar. I like shooting the ones that look different (not sure why).

My son has shot some absolutely fat pigs this year. Guess they are getting plenty of good food.

Comment

Ran back up to the ranch to get Momma out of this sorry place called Houston. Deer are hitting protein hard now. 300 lbs in one feeder in less than 2 weeks. Put medicated out this trip. Finally seeing some numbers coming around the corn feeders too. I guess the pasture has had good natural groceries this year. Normally hitting protein much sooner.
                                Best part was we had a rain cell hit us about 3:50 this AM. It was rumbling. Got up & looked at radar to see what was going on. Mostly on top of us. Didn't last long ,but it gave us 6/10ths of an inch. Little over an inch in a week. Was glad to see it. We are dry,but this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X