Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like your idea!

Comment

Frozen water bottles lined on the bottom of your cooler. I use the 1-liter bottles that my wife drinks and they have grooves in them so the water passes easily as the ice melts. It serves two purposes... keeps cold and keeps the meat up out of the water that collects below the drain. Even after a week of adding ice everyday the bottles would still have some ice in them.

When you’re done just rinse them off and put them back in the freezer for next time.

Comment

Blood grate kit for coolers?

How about a piece of aluminum plate with holes in it and some short legs?

I could put some together pretty easily would just need some dimensions per cooler

Comment

Originally posted by Saltaholic View Post

I could put some together pretty easily would just need some dimensions per cooler

Really good idea.

Comment

I never knew not having a grate was a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

Same here. I like my deer meat to soak in ice water. I drain it off daily for 6-7 days until the water is clear.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

It’s not until you have to drain the bloody water off and the drain hole is full of meat. I’ve wished for something to keep meat out of the drain hole but just never actually tried to build something. Maybe I will now !

Comment

I use a wire grill grate from my smoker. Works great, but my cooler isn’t huge. I could see it selling if marketed well.

Comment

Blood grate kit for coolers?

This was made for water so same
                    Thing

Comment

Originally posted by tex8569 View Post
                      https://thecoolertray.com

Thing

Well there it is, perfect. How the hell is it universal though lol. That would be perfect for keeping crabs out of ice melt as well as it's original purpose too, I may have to pick a couple up.

Comment

Well this is also useful for not just deer meat. Can’t tell you how many steaks and sandwiches I’ve had fall to bottom of cooler only to be water soaked

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                        Same here. I like my deer meat to soak in ice water. I drain it off daily for 6-7 days until the water is clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltaholic View Post

Interesting. Will shoot you some specs for pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by tex8569 View Post
                            https://thecoolertray.com

Thing

This is the one I posted on Amazon. I used it this past week, worked great. I highly recommend.

It’s adjustable in length as the two trays slide inside one another, and there is an extension piece you can add to make it wider. I used it in a Yeti 85 and it fit perfectly in the bottom.

Comment

Ill also add I just freeze water jugs. It stays cooler longer and is a lot less messy to clean up. I also try to keep my meat as dry and cold as possible to reduce spoilage.

Comment

One or two of these flipped upside down in the ice chest will work perfect. You can use skill saw to cut to size if need be. Check around at local shops and I bet you can find them.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X