Deer processor information. Be Prepared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer processor information. Be Prepared

I have seen a few deer processors have stopped receiving deer for a few days. They are backed up and have run out of room to store them. Some processors have quit deer completely and just doing beef and pigs. This has caused the one`s that do deer to be overloaded with work. Just be sure you have a place to go with your deer if you do not plan on doing it yourself.

We have plenty of room at Cinnamon Creek.

Comment

Name them! Who quit processing deer.

I don’t know any around me that quit

Comment

Readfields here is College Station had a sign up that they were full and could not take anymore until further notice.

Comment

Some place in Fredricksburg this past weekend would only take my brothers deer because it was quartered out and he had his own cooler to leave with processor. Really, if it wasnt for knowing someone the processor knew personally…theydve likely said no.

Comment

Reason #100 (as if I needed another one) why it's good to process your own deer.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Name them! Who quit processing deer.

I don’t know any around me that quit
              Klein's, my goto, had run out of room a couple of weeks ago. I took my deer to Hunters creek.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                Reason #100 (as if I needed another one) why it's good to process your own deer.
                100%
                I've been processing myself 5 or so year, tried several different processors in the area and the product vary's too much. I'm convinced there isnt a single one in the area you actually get your deer back, they worst one I got a call 24 hours after I dropped it off to pick up my smoked deer sausage and all...

Comment

That happened to me a couple times last year in the hill country last year. Hasn’t happened yet this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                    100%
                    I've been processing myself 5 or so year, tried several different processors in the area and the product vary's too much. I'm convinced there isnt a single one in the area you actually get your deer back, they worst one I got a call 24 hours after I dropped it off to pick up my smoked deer sausage and all...
                    That’s pretty bad. Long ago I actually knew someone that their processor weighs the meat you bring. You tell them what you want then they go in the back and bring out what you ordered

Comment

My processor has quit for the day unless I bribe him with some cold beers

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

JT's in Stephenville are not taking in deer after today.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep posting up the ones that are full. Hopefully it will save someone a wasted trip.

Comment

Originally posted by rudeman View Post
                            JT's in Stephenville are not taking in deer after today.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                            This is who I was referring to. He did say for only a couple of days in order to catch up. They do a great job with all my deer.👍

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                              Klein's, my goto, had run out of room a couple of weeks ago. I took my deer to Hunters creek.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
                              I wanted to take one to Klein's a couple of weeks ago but was glad I called first.

Have you used Hunter's Creek before? I tried them one time with mixed results. Was not a fan of their smoked sausage. I did like their summer sausage though.

Comment

Working...
                              X