East Texas goes it again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Texas goes it again.

East Texas did not let me down again. Had my first bow kill there in 1986 and my two best bow kills. The first was in Nov 2019 and this one on Nov. 9th.

This was the 3rd sit in this new setup. Was seeing a few deer on camera but nothing kill worthy. He was also the first deer that I saw out of this blind. Nothing like my deer lease in Mills county were you are almost guarantied to see deer every sit. But I always have the feeling that something special can walk out at any minute in east Texas.

I snuck in way before shooting time thinking that I might have blown deer out getting to the stand on the other sits. Got settled in and started glassing when the first light started, nothing. After hours I texted my buddy and told him I was going to give it about 30 minutes more.

Shortly after texting I looked up and he was walking towards the feeder pin. Opened a window and took my bow off the hanger. The deer turned and started feeding down the back side of the feeder pin. No shot because of the hog panels. Ranged the corner of pin anticipating him continuing to go straight but he turned around and headed back the way he came. He made it around the other back corner and jump in the feeder pin. Now he is walking broad side, feeding straight towards the feeder. I draw but the angle is not quite right. He is quartering to me slightly. I hold until he looks away turning his body the small amount needed. I touched the trigger and the arrow hit its mark.

I called my friend and he came to make the recovery with me.
    The deer ran maybe 75 yard turn jumped a fence along a creek bottom in really thick stuff and made it 20 more yards.

Many thanks to Pine Grove for being such a good friend and letting me enjoy a piece of his paradise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Deer11-9-21.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	220.9 KB
ID:	25267050

Dang good buck congrats

Comment

Love the tines on that deer. Congrats on a great buck!

Comment

Really nice, congrats!!

Comment

Heluva deer. Way to go

Comment

Man he is pretty with those long 2s. Congrats.

Comment

Nice! Congratulations

Comment

great buck

Comment

Great buck! Congrats!

Comment

Great deer sir, Congrats!

Rwc

Comment

Heck of a deer...congrats!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful deer!

Comment

"30 more minutes"....glad to see it finally paid off for someone. LOL ! Thats a heck of a deer man, congrats !!!!

Comment

That's a good one!!

Congrats

Comment

Congrats, nice buck.

Comment

Working...
                              X