Cheap / throw down laptop ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap / throw down laptop ideas?

Looking for ideas on a cheap, throw down laptop to keep at the lease for game cam pic reviews. Would also need some type of ability to connect to WI-FI as needed.

Ideas on the cheapest route to go, while not being the most frustrating with junk?

Thanks in advance.

Chromebook that has an SD card reader built in

Lenovo Chromebook C330 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop, 11.6-Inch HD (1366 x 768) IPS Display, MediaTek MT8173C Processor, 4GB LPDDR3, 64 GB eMMC, Chrome OS

I have one and it's great for looking at pics and basic browsing for the price.. now if you have 9000 pics on a card it may take a bit to load them all up but other than that it's fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by chwoodall; 11-06-2021, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Great topic.

My apple products hate my Tasco trail cams. So I’m looking for something too.

Comment

No clue what's available now. The last couple laptops I've bought came from Wal-Mart. I just buy cheap and replace them from time to time. Just make sure they have wifi capabilities and a card reader. I do no gaming. Store pics and get on the internet via wifi. Last one I bought was about 250 bucks.

Comment

Tag

Comment

Pawn shop.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
              No clue what's available now. The last couple laptops I've bought came from Wal-Mart. I just buy cheap and replace them from time to time. Just make sure they have wifi capabilities and a card reader. I do no gaming. Store pics and get on the internet via wifi. Last one I bought was about 250 bucks.
              This. HP is what I’ve used for 3 years now. Around 250.

Comment

Anything around $100 (and still worth a crap)?

Comment

I have made friends with a computer repair shop owner. He always has cheep stuff.

I buy the most expensive stuff he has. They are 1 year old $1800.00 machines I get for $500.00, run them for 2 years and replace with last years best stuff for $500.00 again.

My web site makes my living. Need my computers to work...

Houston folks call:
                  Dell {yes his name is Dell} 713-941-599 nine
                  Tell him Johnny The Parts Man sent ya

Comment

I use the cheap $300 HP from Bestbuy as a throw around

Comment

One Year Warranty. Same Day Shipping. Discount Electronics has the best deals in Refurbished Computers and Laptops since 1997.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                        I have made friends with a computer repair shop owner. He always has cheep stuff.

I buy the most expensive stuff he has. They are 1 year old $1800.00 machines I get for $500.00, run them for 2 years and replace with last years best stuff for $500.00 again.

My web site makes my living. Need my computers to work...

Houston folks call:
                        Dell {yes his name is Dell} 713-941-599 nine
                        Tell him Johnny The Parts Man sent ya
                        Called today to see what he had and bought 2 brand new Dell $1700.00 laptops with all the good stuff for $850.00 each...

Comment

Working...
                        X