This came out of a deer leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This came out of a deer leg

Not sure if it popped out of the joint or between the silver skin, noticed it on my cutting board while deboning a hindquarter. Saw another one later on stuck to my knife blade while doing a front leg. What the heck is it?
    Attached Files

He had reconstructive surgery. Monofilament tendon replacement. Most of the high fenced south texas deer have great health insurance.

Or a tapeworm. Who knows.

Comment

muscle worm

Comment

funky little worm

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          muscle worm
          This, but the worm is not harmful to people. Just cook your meat. https://www.deerassociation.com/10-w...e-inside-deer/

Comment

Added protein for free!

Comment

I don't like to cook venison past medium rare. It gets dry and tough if you overcook it. That'd have to be a no-go for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                I don't like to cook venison past medium rare. It gets dry and tough if you overcook it. That'd have to be a no-go for me.
                My wife makes venison roasts that are great, very tender, not dry at all. She cooks those for quite a while.

Comment

Could always smoke / braise it. still be cooked well, tender, and no wasted meat

Comment

Dude....your gonna think of that critter every bite. DO NOT TELL YOUR WIFE!

Comment

Yet another plus for taking ivermectin

I have my entire life eaten sushi, rare beef, med rare pork and med rare wild fowl. When I started an Iver regiment for the CV19 for about a week I was passing some foul foul stuff. Who knows how many parasites we have in our bodies at any given time. If you walk this earth, you have worms.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                        Dude....your gonna think of that critter every bite. DO NOT TELL YOUR WIFE!
                        my exact thoughts

Comment

So of all the deer on Amistad you take out the lame, crippled one

JK great streak you have going 10 years in a row

Comment

Those things fry up great!
                            Like skinny French fries.

Comment

Nematode or rice noodle

Comment

Working...
                              X