X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
    That’s a paltry endowment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How embarrassing is it to lose to a so called broke school with 14 starters out and a lame duck coach? Least Jimbo bringing in those good recruits, I’m sure he will put them to good use🙄

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      Wait, 15 million per? That would be insane and the new BM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ridiculous....

Comment

[QUOTE=Heath;15963960]It’s funny cause the whole university endowment is just over $500 Million and they are committing $100 Million to a football coach.

Per google…

about $730 million
        Consider this: LSU's system-wide all-in endowment total is about $730 million, a figure dwarfed by the $4.5 billion endowment at the University of Southern California, which currently is in the middle of a $6 billion fundraising campaign.

No where near USC or Harvards 32 + billion. But, still enough to win against the rich folks

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          You know who's number one in women's hoops? Neither do I, because basketball sucks, college basketball is lame, and women's college basketball is effing awful....and none of it matters....ftr.
          I guess that's why March Madness is so unpopular. But if eyes on screens have anything to do with value, then college baseball doesn't even exist when compared to men's college basketball. Or, you could be in the very small (like microscopic) minority.

EDIT - I do tend to agree on Women's BB. I watched when Baylor literally had no other competitive sports. It's been a few years since I watched a women's game.
          Last edited by DaBears; 11-29-2021, 09:24 PM.

Comment

[quote=RaginCagin;15964038]
            Originally posted by Heath View Post
            It’s funny cause the whole university endowment is just over $500 Million and they are committing $100 Million to a football coach.

#footballschool[/QUOTE

The school isn’t committing anything. Lsu and Nebraska are the only 2 schools in the country where football is self sustaining with no money allocated from state taxes or school enrollment. Booster money so spend it!!!

Incorrect

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
              I have to disagree here. Raised two daughters and they were both women's basketball coaches for a few years. Rather watch a good girls game then any men's basketball game! To each his own.
              Agree it’s different when you have a daughter and her favorite thing is playing basketball and Jumping hurdles.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears View Post
                I guess that's why March Madness is so unpopular. But if eyes on screens have anything to do with value, then college baseball doesn't even exist when compared to men's college basketball. Or, you could be in the very small (like microscopic) minority.
                March madness is popular because of gambling, and amateur gambling (brackets) period.

I love college baseball, because I love baseball, and the college game is a great product. Notice I didn't bring up either, here in a CFB thread....
                Last edited by Dale Moser; 11-29-2021, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

2021 College Football - Championship Week

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                    How embarrassing is it to lose to a so called broke school with 14 starters out and a lame duck coach? Least Jimbo bringing in those good recruits, I’m sure he will put them to good use[emoji849]

It was an embarrassing loss. I think I said such Saturday night.

So the University President makes 300K per year and the HFC is at $15M? That’s crazy. The market was $10M last week and $13-$15M this week. It’s nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears View Post

EDIT - I do tend to agree on Women's BB. I watched when Baylor literally had no other competitive sports. It's been a few years since I watched a women's game.

Vegas has made March madness what it is. Other than gamblers…and a few alum… who else watches college hoops. I can’t name one person in my close circle that gives a **** about hoops. I wholly agree with Dale!

Comment

[quote=RaginCagin;15964038]
                        It’s funny cause the whole university endowment is just over $500 Million and they are committing $100 Million to a football coach.

#footballschool[/QUOTE

The school isn’t committing anything. Lsu and Nebraska are the only 2 schools in the country where football is self sustaining with no money allocated from state taxes or school enrollment. Booster money so spend it!!!
                        That ain’t true.

Comment

[quote=Bayouboy;15964057]

Per google…

about $730 million
                          Consider this: LSU's system-wide all-in endowment total is about $730 million, a figure dwarfed by the $4.5 billion endowment at the University of Southern California, which currently is in the middle of a $6 billion fundraising campaign.

No where near USC or Harvards 32 + billion. But, still enough to win against the rich folks

$730 is system wide.

Comment

Will one of yall fix your quote line please?

Comment

Good hire for LSU.

Good hire for USC.

OU getting Big Game Bob back?

Jimbo is staying!!! Yipeeee!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                March madness is popular because of gambling, and amateur gambling (brackets) period.

I love college baseball, because I love baseball, and the college game is a great product. Notice I never brought it up in a CFB thread.
                                I raised 4 girl basketball players and if my girls aren't playing, I'd rather watch paint dry than watch girls basketball. Mens CBB is a different story and one of the most exciting, gritty, and competitive sports to watch. Never know when a SFA is gonna upset a Duke or when a stud like Steph Curry is gonna appear at a college like Davidson. I can't believe anyone doesn't like college basketball. Prayers sent.

Comment

Working...
                                X