Skull cap mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skull cap mount?

Wanting to do a couple of these for a couple kids. Would like it to be something that will look nice for years. Any recommendations for kits that you have actually used?

There are some pretty good looking and easy DIY videos on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
      Wanting to do a couple of these for a couple kids. Would like it to be something that will look nice for years. Any recommendations for kits that you have actually used?
      I have used the skull hooker cap mount along with this plastic cover to make it look cleaner

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have my guy do these for antler mounts, they can always find a hide if needed. Typically around $75.

Any taxi can do them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I like them wrapped in leather, kind of an old school look. Basically screw the skullcap to rounded board, add plaster and shape, wrap leather and tighten as you staple it to the back. There are a good amount of YouTube videos on it out there showing it in more detail.

Last edited by S-M-F; 11-25-2021, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I glue scrap leather straight to the cap and then I screw in picture frame hardware to the back so I can hang directly onto the wall.

Mine look decent but there's some guys on here that do the same thing and look fantastic.

Comment

Working...
            X