Torment a Scammer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torment a Scammer?

OK, so does anyone have time/interest this holiday week to torment a scammer?
    I was browsing through Facebook Marketplace yesterday and I came across a nice looking, 2008 Motorhome. It was listed for $2,000! Some kind of sob story about husband dying and wants to remove this reminder from her life, yada yada.
    I figured it was a scam, but I thought I'd respond and see what is going on. 'She' responds with some detailed, but generic information - not answering my main question - 'where is it'?
    So I replied and here is the response:
    Thanks so much for getting back to me. I'm working most of the time and I choose to hire eBay to take care of the whole selling process, so my presence isn't necessary. The vehicle is already at eBay in Bellevue, NE along with all the paperwork and the transaction will be done through them. eBay will handle the shipping, the payment, and the paper exchange. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address within 2-3 business days with all the necessary documents for registration. In addition, you will get a 5 days inspection period before making any purchase, and if you find something wrong with the vehicle, you can just return it on my expense. During that 5 days testing period I will not be getting any money. SO...ONLY AFTER you receive the vehicle and agree to keep it, eBay will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected and you can physically see the vehicle before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns.
    If you want to buy it please reply with your full name, address for delivery and phone # and they will contact you right away. .
    PS: I attach you all the pics of the vehicle

I'm going to keep trying to string 'her' along to see how far it goes. But I thought it would be great if other interested buyers contacted 'her' as well.
    If you are interested in tormenting this scammer in some way, the email address is: bettyhearn62@gmail.com
    Also, I've attached a photo of the $2,000 motorhome. Seems well worth the money
    Attached Files

I’m curious what makes you think this is a scam? Maybe just a really good deal?

Comment

Originally posted by RUNNING BEAR View Post
      Seriously ?

Comment

You’re kidding, right? Lol

Comment

Looking forward to the updates. It's gonna be hilarious when that thing shows up at your address without a motor LOL

Comment

Buy it and I'll give you $4k for it...........

Comment

You read these scams and wonder....how could anyone still be falling for this? Welp ^^

Comment

If four TBHers give $500 each, we can do a time share with it

In for the string-a-long…

Comment

I didn't know they had palm trees in Ne.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                    Buy it and I'll give you $4k for it...........
                    $4.5k here.

Comment

Yeah, the deal seems too good to be true, but other than that did the seller say anything else that is scammy?

The OP said he was suspicious because the seller didn’t answer his main question, but the seller did, Bellevue NE.

Just ask’n.

Comment

ebay doesn't work like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          ebay doesn't work like that.
                          I don’t use eBay, so I don’t know that.

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                            I didn't know they had palm trees in Ne.
                            Well duhhhh…. Right there on the beach they do.

Comment

Tell her you’ll be glad to process it through eBay, just send you the eBay listing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X