Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. So y’all talked me out of it.

Comment

for what its worth i own both. a 2015 tacoma and a 2021 tundra. I love both and drive both regularly. The biggest difference to me is the interior with car seats, the tundra wins. Other than that i dont pull trailers often so they are equal other than my tacoma is 2wd and the tundra is 4wd so i tend to take it more often hunting. If my tacoma was 4wd id drvie it more to be honest.

Comment

Nice setup Jake. Rubi don’t quote me on the half ton. There will be five different versions of the big six coming out. Other than having two less cylinders to fuel, how can a motor spa king 389 hp get better mileage than a 5.7. Seems like both are super heavy. That’s a question for our resident gear heads.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter68 View Post
          Guess I’m the odd man out. I love my 2020 Tacoma!! My gas mileage is consistently 21/22 city and around 23 on highway. I have gotten up to 27 on highway without using cruise control.
          And than there's this guy [emoji2356]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I Was thinking about getting a TACO but have been reading about poor fuel mileage so I am also interested in one of the JEEPS with truck bed so need to do my homework on those as well..... Has anyone done a comparison if so any thoughts ???

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
              Ok. Just got back from the dealer. They offered me $32,000.00 for my 5.7, SR5, 4x4 with almost 67,000 miles on it. It’s a 2015.
              The number one complaint for Taco owners is (key drum roll). Sardine can effect. Now straight from the dealers mouth an hour ago. “In 2024 the Taco will be redesigned for more cab room.
              The 5.7 is going away and being replaced with a V6. You’ll have your choice of 5 different V6,s to chose from ranging in horse power from 389 hp up to 500hp and 20,000 lbs towing capacity.
              He said for the SR5 package it would be my truck and 20 grand; however, I would be able to knock that number down with option reductions.
              And to answer a previous question I probably drive 10-12,000 miles per year as a retiree.
              So the price of the new Tundra SR5 is $52,000?

There are a ton of videos on YouTube where people test drive the new 2022 Tundra. I've seen actually mileage test around 22 mpg, but have never heard a firm price. Check out the videos to see what the new trucks look like, everyone seems to be impressed with them. TFL truck and Tundra Dude 34 are two channels to check out.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stickers View Post
                I Was thinking about getting a TACO but have been reading about poor fuel mileage so I am also interested in one of the JEEPS with truck bed so need to do my homework on those as well..... Has anyone done a comparison if so any thoughts ???
                Same motor 3.6 offered in a ram 1500,
                I thought it was a small V8 first time I drove one.
                I get 15 in town 20 on the highway way better than my last hemi. Bet it does better in a light jeep

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                  20k lbs of towing out of a half ton?
                  You should probably find another dealer that knows his truck.
                  And the Taco didn’t have a 5.7, the Tundra had the 5.7 and went to a V6. I would find another dealer that’s knows what they are talking about.

Comment

Towing is said to be 12,000 pounds with the new Tundra, depending on how its equipped.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Supposedly new tundra prices…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nelson View Post
                        In Austin all you see are tacoma set up for camping. I really dont see a use for that in texas but ok..

As i drive pass everyone in their tacomas i say to myself i bet the wished that had a tundra.

I had one in high school and another in college. A huge difference is that towing isnt even close to a tundra.

if you would have been with me in my Tundra in the mountains of Colorado you would have been wishing for a Tacoma like I was.
                        We went on a full out adventure lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stickers View Post
                          I was reading about the Jeep Gladiator. Supposed to be bad azzed.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                            if you would have been with me in my Tundra in the mountains of Colorado you would have been wishing for a Tacoma like I was.
                            We went on a full out adventure lol
                            We lived in the Wet Mountains 39 miles west of Pueblo right out of Florence. When the wife’s job ended she headed back to Texas and took the Tundra 4x4, now my truck, with her. She didn’t like driving my six cylinder Tundra because it had a shell on it.
                            Our home was at 6,100 feet. Well the first dusting we got was 6””. Getting down the mountain wasn’t hard. We slid backwards down this one curve twice until I bought chains. That had a pucker factor of about 9.999. Them once we got out chains on, no problem. It was a little difficult getting them off. They were frozen on. Definitely a different kind of living in the mountains.

Comment

I’ve had both. PM me if interested. (It’s a long story). Bottom line, I’ve still got the Taco and just sold the Tundra for more than I paid for it 3 years ago and 10k miles later. I do have a Raptor ordered for all but my daily drive. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                                We lived in the Wet Mountains 39 miles west of Pueblo right out of Florence. When the wife’s job ended she headed back to Texas and took the Tundra 4x4, now my truck, with her. She didn’t like driving my six cylinder Tundra because it had a shell on it.
                                Our home was at 6,100 feet. Well the first dusting we got was 6””. Getting down the mountain wasn’t hard. We slid backwards down this one curve twice until I bought chains. That had a pucker factor of about 9.999. Them once we got out chains on, no problem. It was a little difficult getting them off. They were frozen on. Definitely a different kind of living in the mountains.
                                FYI, You are right sir! I’ve had the taco in 3 foot mountain snows and west Texas dunes. Zero problems! Keep a good head on you and you won’t get in a fix! We have a place in NM at 7500ft with a 300yard 40 degree climb to get to it. I’ve pulled many a 4x4 out of there with the Taco and nothing to show for it but a dented bumper. Great truck. I’ve ordered the bigger Raptor for comfort only with my wife and 3 boys. We’ll keep the Taco too!
                                Last edited by rbsears; 11-05-2021, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X