Clear All

Trinity county on bil’s lease.

Click image for larger version

Name:	052C5971-8DA5-4FA3-9453-8E758FDBF106.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	24666665

Comment

No doubt. There are big deer and Trinity County. I gave up a spot on a top-notch Trinity County lease 15 years ago to buy this place just about 20 minutes east but in Polk County. No complaints. We have enjoyed this piece of land and we have shot several nice books but nothing compares to Trinity County just 20 minutes away. That being said I do not feed Protein.

Comment

I am going to put a fork in this morning‘s hunt. Although I didn’t get blank I’m a bit disappointed I’m going to spend a little time looking at cameras and establishing a new set up for this evening. I’m going to keep this live thread going until Friday afternoonhunt… by then everybody’s going to be heading to the woods. I’ll be back this afternoon in a new spot

Comment

Quick update… this always seems to happen as I was getting ready to come down from my climber I looked up and there was a four pointer standing in the middle of the field!

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
            I am going to put a fork in this morning‘s hunt. Although I didn’t get blank I’m a bit disappointed I’m going to spend a little time looking at cameras and establishing a new set up for this evening. I’m going to keep this live thread going until Friday afternoonhunt… by then everybody’s going to be heading to the woods. I’ll be back this afternoon in a new spot
            Man I would stick it out until at least noon on a day like this. A morning like this one is a Prime candidate for late movement on our place.

Comment

New moon.....same as full moon when it comes to deer movement. Midday and midnight give an hour or so.

Comment

That was very good advice you both gave but I had some stuff I had to do I’m just trying to get in quick morning and afternoon Hunts this week I can’t dedicate the entire day. I have no doubt on a day like today you could see deer all day long. I am going to go to a new spot this afternoon and get there early enough.

Comment

Yep life and hunting schedules don’t always mesh. Good luck on your next sit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                    Trinity county on bil’s lease.

[ATTACH]1068986[/ATTACH]
                    donk

Comment

Did you pizz in it ?

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Name:	F37F733A-9560-446C-984D-E0AF49821039.jpeg
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	24666690

My spot for tonight. This is a long shooting lane. Box blind is down the way in front of me. We have taken many deer on this lane over the years snd hunters before we bought the place did as well. I believe it’s an old public road. Anyways, deer always pop out 25 yards in front of where I am. A year ago today a nice 10 point was shot in this spot. I have no understanding why they pop out in sane spot year after year?? There is a crepe down there too… never seen a scrape on this lane before.

Comment

Name:	56C672F6-2203-44DB-903F-816ADD5240D8.jpeg
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	24666691

This is around corner. Your food plots can look this good too if Yiu have no hogs and deer!!! Lol. Peas are untouched but sure look good. This area has its fair share of oaks around.

Comment

Good luck Good looking plot. Here's one of mine

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice. We like doing a few plots each year, but honestly, do not count on them to draw deer in early November…. But they sure look pretty!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X