2021 Handgun Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M16 View Post
    I just love .44 magnums. Here are a some of mine. I'm trying to decide which ones to hunt with this year.

Oh dear sweet Jesus. Nice collection! And you’re right about the 44. Great all around caliber. I’ve got a buddy who routinely kills elk with his 44s.

Comment

The unfluted 629 classic is one of the best looking revolvers ever produced, in my opinion. That iron sight FA also is very cool.

Comment

I’m so glad you posted those pics. I’m gonna keep them to show people who look at mine and say “Why do you have so many pistols ?”

Great collection of essential handguns !

Comment

Very nice collection

Comment

I’m packing up to head north to Colorado going to try and take a mule deer with my contender pistol I’ll be using a 35rem this go around. If I’m successful it will be my first ever kill with the pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              I’m packing up to head north to Colorado going to try and take a mule deer with my contender pistol I’ll be using a 35rem this go around. If I’m successful it will be my first ever kill with the pistol.
              Nice! Good luck.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Plan to take something with each of these over the next 4 months.

.300 WSM
                  .45-70 Govt.
                  .44 Mag
                  10mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some great iron posted boys!

I want to see a video of you shooting that 300 WSM!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                      Some great iron posted boys!

I want to see a video of you shooting that 300 WSM!!!!

With that brake she’s a puddytat.

Comment

Anyone know where a hunter model in 44 mag. Wither a BFR or SW 629 hunter is?

wanting something to slap a RMR on before season. Ive had some ruger hunters over the years and ended up selling or trading them off. Wanting to get back in it.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post

wanting something to slap a RMR on before season. Ive had some ruger hunters over the years and ended up selling or trading them off. Wanting to get back in it.
                          I have a three screw Super Blackhawk with a Nikon 2X scope in a Wiegand mount I would sell if you’re interested. It’s already sighted in at 25 yards. Has some blue wear but it’s a good shooter. Nice aftermarket grips don’t bang your knuckle and I have the original grips and rear sight also. It’s unconverted so you have to load five rounds, but that never bothered me.

Some of that shine is just shine, not bare metal.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Drycreek3189; 10-27-2021, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            I have a three screw Super Blackhawk with a Nikon 2X scope in a Wiegand mount I would sell if you’re interested. It’s already sighted in at 25 yards. Has some blue wear but it’s a good shooter. Nice aftermarket grips don’t bang your knuckle and I have the original grips and rear sight also. It’s unconverted so you have to load five rounds, but that never bothered me.

Some of that shine is just shine, not bare metal.
                            Thanks Drycreek i have a few similar i could slap a rail on. Which i may end up doing. I just needed an excuse you know?

Comment

Thanks Drycreek i have a few similar i could slap a rail on. Which i may end up doing. I just needed an excuse you know?
                              No excuse needed to buy another handgun !

Comment

I’ve actually considered selling this one. Smith PC 44 with vortex venom 3MOA rds. It’s one helluva good shooting handgun. Only thinking of selling it to build funds for an FA in 41 mag. Shoot me a PM if you’d like to discuss.

Comment

Working...
                                X