2019 LBJ Grassland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drycreek View Post
    Can we post video links on here from our iPhone's camera roll or just pictures?
    If you click ' go advanced' at the bottom and then click the attachment link, I think you can upload videos from there.

Comment

How's it looking out there this weekend? I wasn't able to make it out because we've got my 1 year old nephew this weekend. So with a 4 year old, 1 year old and 2 month old, wife wouldn't let me get out. haha But I'll be out next Saturday and then taking off days the next 2 weeks as well! Hopefully weather stays cool!

Comment

I saw a NICE buck about 40 yards away last Monday. He walked along a tree/brush line and never could get a shot off unfortunately. I'll be out there tomorrow morning.

Comment

Well I spent this past weekend down at Lake Whitney. Found a few spots that I liked but overall wasnt that impressed with how my set up is for this year. I may have been looking in the wrong place but I couldnt really find anywhere for my tree stand. With that being said, I will be back in LBJ this weekend. I took all of next week off so I could hunt the last week of archery and focus on tagging a doe. I will have a base camp set up from sunday until Friday or Saturday. If anyone is going to be out there, you are more than welcome to set up with me at camp. I havent really decided on a spot yet but I have a few ideas in mind.

Comment

Just sitting here at work, on google maps, figuring out where I'm gunna hunt in the morning. Not getting any work done...

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
              Just sitting here at work, on google maps, figuring out where I'm gunna hunt in the morning. Not getting any work done...
              Thats been me, every day since opening day its been real bad this week because today is my last day of work for a week!

Comment

I have that same illness. Trouble is, when I don't work sooner or later we don't eat. But like the rut, eatin' ain't takin up a lot of space in my mind.

Comment

There were two very nice bucks killed on the LBJ today. One was a nice big chocolate horned mature 10 point. The other was another mature 10 pt with a 6-8 inch drop tine on the right side.

They are beginning to chase here in Wise County. I'm starting to see dead deer on the side of the road.

Comment

Another mature crab claw 8 pt. was killed yesterday evening. There have been some really nice bucks killed in the last few days.

If you'd like to see the pictures, join this FB page. Be sure and answer the three simple questions. Just add TBH to a response and I'll approve you. Be sure and read the page rules before posting.

LBJ Grasslands Deer Hunters Group

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                      Another mature crab claw 8 pt. was killed yesterday evening. There have been some really nice bucks killed in the last few days.

If you'd like to see the pictures, join this FB page. Be sure and answer the three simple questions. Just add TBH to a response and I'll approve you. Be sure and read the page rules before posting.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1763066240400624/

I have issues with rules 3, 4, and 6. I need them changed so I can join. Who do I talk to about these @#!#$#@!% rules?

Love ya Froggy!

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1763066240400624/
                        I am on there already. Seeing this deer got me so pumped up! Currently in my stand now!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

If anyone is in the area and wants to meet up! Ill be in this camp spot until friday or Saturday!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I ran that through a database of 5.5 million deer pictures and that buck resembles one shot in Wisconsin in 1963. I new this was a conspiracy. The truth is out there. There are no deer on LBJ.

I've said that so much it now comes up automatically on my keyboard.

Comment

[QUOTE=Texas Grown;14465125]I have issues with rules 3, 4, and 6. I need them changed so I can join. Who do I talk to about these @#!#$#@!% rules?

You need to take that up with the GOF that is an admin on that page. I heard he's an old hard ***** s-o-b with little patience for knuckleheads.

Comment

I was out this past Saturday morning for the second time this season. Splitting time between here and Oklahoma so haven't been out a whole lot.

Anyone on here drive an old GMC single cab pickup? A guy pulled up next to me while I was sitting in my car on Saturday morning at a unit getting my things together. He stayed for a few minutes then sped off. When I got out and started walking he pulled back up and watched me for a minute and then sped off again. I could hear him going up and down the road and when I was walking back to my car he drove by again and laid on the horn for about a quarter mile. Just seemed odd so figured I would ask here. Probably just a local guy though.

Other than that I saw a nice buck and plenty of sign. I have one or two moving through regularly but the pictures are god awful. I can't tell if this is the same buck or different ones, and if any of the pics look like he would be legal.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X