Draw hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw hunts

If you win a hunt, do they email you about it? I just looked at my hunts and it said that I won a youth hunt, but it’s past the deadline. I just searched all my emails and never got anything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, they send an e-mail notification. Bet your spam folder ate it.

Comment

They have had problems notifying people with yahoo accounts. I was told it was a security issue on my end. I had them send it to a different account.

Comment

I searched my spam too. I got several other emails from them, but nothing about this.
        Not even gonna tell my son about this, he would be pretty upset.

Comment

Yeah I always check status just in case after the draws.

Comment

Darn shameand lost all his points in that category too.. I sure miss the paper catalogues and post card notifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              Darn shameand lost all his points in that category too.. I sure miss the paper catalogues and post card notifications.
              I don't miss calling in to find out even though I enjoyed the generic Georgia on the line saying "you have won a hunt".

Comment

Sorry, hope it wasn't Powederhorn. Back in either 98 or 99 when they still did postcard notifications I drew the Kerr Archery hunt and never got the notice. Didn't find out until after the deadline, wasn't very happy.

Comment

i agree with the problems with yahoo. i started having problems with mine a coupld years ago and opened a gmail account.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                    Yeah I always check status just in case after the draws.

Same here. I hate relying solely on an email notification

Comment

Best thing is to go on the TPWD website and after the closing date for the hunts you applied for, go to Public Hunts and click on Check Status. That is what I do. This will show all the hunts that you applied for and if you got picked for a hunt it will say "Won" it will also show you a deadline for the permit purchase. If you do not purchase the permit by midnight on the date of the deadline you pretty much lost your hunt and I think your preference points as well. Typically you have 10 days to purchase the permit. I got picked for Aransas on the 16th and I had till the 25 to purchase the permit, which I did. I do not believe that TPWD sends out emails to winners. You have to check to see if you've won. They used to send out a letter before internet, but those days have long passed.

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                        Best thing is to go on the TPWD website and after the closing date for the hunts you applied for, go to Public Hunts and click on Check Status. That is what I do. This will show all the hunts that you applied for and if you got picked for a hunt it will say "Won" it will also show you a deadline for the permit purchase. If you do not purchase the permit by midnight on the date of the deadline you pretty much lost your hunt and I think your preference points as well. Typically you have 10 days to purchase the permit. I got picked for Aransas on the 16th and I had till the 25 to purchase the permit, which I did. I do not believe that TPWD sends out emails to winners. You have to check to see if you've won. They used to send out a letter before internet, but those days have long passed.

They do send emails to selected hunters. I get them whenever I’ve been drawn, but I also use the check status to make sure internet gremlins didn’t mess it up.

Comment

I start checking the online status checker about 3 days before each deadline and then every 15 minutes on the day of the hunt. and I know for sure that I actually do get the email notifications but I still check the website.

Comment

I missed the email for the Hagerman draw this year but I went on and checked anyway. Was surprised to see I had won. Just a habit that saved missing a hunt. Last year we won Richland Chambers duck and I forgot to accept for my son. I heard about that one.

Comment

They're supposed to send emails, but there's been more than a few people who never got them. Same happened to one of my son's youth hunts a few years ago, by the time I'd checked it was past the deadline. He'd drawn hunts before and after that one and we did get emails. I think their system glitches out.

Comment

Working...
                              X