No announcement yet.

Yote hunt help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traps might not be your best choice being it is around a neighborhood. Might catch some ones pet.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
      Traps might not be your best choice being it is around a neighborhood. Might catch some ones pet.
      Thanks for mentioning that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
        Easiest way is to shoot a pig, split it open and wait for the yotes!
        I vote for sitting over bait late in the evenings and after dark. Wind has to be perfect at all times. If its cool outside a dead hog carcass will last several days. be sure and wire the hog to a tree or it will get drug off.

Calling only gives you one chance to make a yote call shy. After that you can forget it.

Good Luck.

Comment

I've had good luck baiting them with leftovers, especially meat of any kind. I have game cameras to help me narrow down the times and where they are coming in, then I pop them in relatively short sits (1 to 2 hours). Of course, that also brings in fox and possum too. I'll also chunk out some cheap granule dog food if I don't have other "treats."

Comment

You might get a few but calling or baiting isn't going to have any noticeable effect on the population. Trapping and shooting from the air is the most effective way to knock down the population. The thing is you have to really stay on top of it once you've got it somewhat under control. It's been scientifically proven that you can take 70% of coyotes out of an area and if you were to stop they'd be back to 100% a year later.

Comment

Youd be able to call a few at first. But they will get call shy on that small amount of ground QUICK.

Even the 5000 acre place we hunted we only hit once a month and dont call the same stands every time

Comment

Trap them. Your best bet is a Dirt hole set. Work like a charm.

Comment

Working...
                X