Ftp

Comment

Ftp

Comment

Great buck Joey! How wide?

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
          Great buck Joey! How wide?
          He looks wider than he is even on the hoof. he is just under 23 inches inside thought he was 24 to 25 when I shot him.

Comment

Hey guys, just wanted to give a heads up especially to the guys off pipeline rd. I left the ranch early this morning which is a good ways down the pipeline rd. As I'm nearing the main hiway to Columbia I see a broke down truck with its drive shaft 30 yards behind him. The strange thing was the doors were wide open with no one around. I thought maybe the driver must have left the truck and had gotten broken in to so I just drove on. About a mile later I come up on a 2nd vehicle, a dark suv, partially off in the ditch with a blown motor and oil everywhere. The doors were also open and no one around. I knew something was very wrong at that point and just kept driving to the bridge to get the hell out of there. After I turned on the hiway to Columbia about 4 miles down the road several military guys were chasing someone into the brush. I made my way to the US border crossing and no line so I asked the agent if he knew what happened off pipeline road and he said yes. There was a shootout and a helicopter just flew over to search for the suspects. He said it was very unusual for this to happen in daytime and especially down pipeline rd as it was safer because of the oil workers and hunters were usually left alone. Anyways, stay safe everyone. I'm heading back down on Sunday.

Comment

I usually don't do this as I've pretty much seen it all but Its hot as he'll down here right now if you know what I mean.... several ranches burning as I type this to the ground along the river Hildago area... just a heads up... take it as you will..

Comment

I went down last weekend, and as I crossed the 26 (2nd checkpoint) before you get to Anáhuac, the soldiers all kept telling me “Con cuidado”, or “with caution”.
                I didn’t think much of it, until I hit about 4 police checkpoints before I got to Lampazos. That’s really odd- especially that far in. People were not out in the streets like the usually were either. Things just seemed off to me.

Comment

Originally posted by marlin man View Post
                  Hey guys, just wanted to give a heads up especially to the guys off pipeline rd. I left the ranch early this morning which is a good ways down the pipeline rd. As I'm nearing the main hiway to Columbia I see a broke down truck with its drive shaft 30 yards behind him. The strange thing was the doors were wide open with no one around. I thought maybe the driver must have left the truck and had gotten broken in to so I just drove on. About a mile later I come up on a 2nd vehicle, a dark suv, partially off in the ditch with a blown motor and oil everywhere. The doors were also open and no one around. I knew something was very wrong at that point and just kept driving to the bridge to get the hell out of there. After I turned on the hiway to Columbia about 4 miles down the road several military guys were chasing someone into the brush. I made my way to the US border crossing and no line so I asked the agent if he knew what happened off pipeline road and he said yes. There was a shootout and a helicopter just flew over to search for the suspects. He said it was very unusual for this to happen in daytime and especially down pipeline rd as it was safer because of the oil workers and hunters were usually left alone. Anyways, stay safe everyone. I'm heading back down on Sunday.
                  https://www.facebook.com/35314822484...9893278507676/ saw several reports of shoot outside in acuna news today.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      I usually don't do this as I've pretty much seen it all but Its hot as he'll down here right now if you know what I mean.... several ranches burning as I type this to the ground along the river Hildago area... just a heads up... take it as you will..

Goodness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

well dang. Guess I wont be going into anahauc for lunch anytime next week. Headed straight to the ranch and plan to stay there. Will keep my head on a swivel between Columbia and the ranch. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I'm headed up the pipeline road sat morning, anyone hear new information please pass along to me. Headed down by myself. Not sure what has kicked off the unrest??? So this is not cartel related??

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre View Post
                            I'm headed up the pipeline road sat morning, anyone hear new information please pass along to me. Headed down by myself. Not sure what has kicked off the unrest??? So this is not cartel related??
                            Hombre, just be cautious and aware of your surroundings. We will see an increased military presence on the pipeline rd. I'm heading back down Sunday morning.

Comment

Going to pipeline Tuesday morning. One of our guys arrived yesterday around dark and encountered a truck with guys with guns and lights. No issues but not great for a first year hunter to experience either.
                              Last edited by dc1986; 12-14-2018, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                                Going to pipeline Tuesday morning. One of our guys arrived yesterday around dark and encountered a truck with guys with guns and lights. No issues but not great for a first year hunter to experience either.
                                Darren, yesterday while driving down pipeline road I encountered the Federalies near the old watch tower. During our conversation they asked where I was going and if I had others at the ranch. He stated multiple times to be very careful and if I saw anyone on the road to not stop and drive fast. They let me go and said to get to the ranch before dark. When I left I did see the 2 vehicles that where broken down on Pipeline Rd and I thought that was not normal. Now it all makes sense. On a bright note, it feels good to be sitting in the blind although the wind is blowing 30 mph. Safe travels to all and be aware of your surroundings. Good luck next week Darren, see you at the ranch after Christmas.
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X