No License to Hog Hunt in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man View Post
    Shouldn't take them but about couple minutes to travel 5-7 miles riding 4 deep on 20" rims to the golf course at night to do their thang.
    A little slower if they sippin' on that lean.

Comment

I think it's a great idea. We have people out to our house all the time and often have opportunities for people who'd never shot an animal or hunted in their life to shoot one from our front porch. This issue has always prevented it in the past.
      Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Originally posted by Devin View Post
        We have people out to our house all the time and often have opportunities for people who'd never shot an animal or hunted in their life to shoot one from our front porch. This issue has always prevented it in the past.
        Not really.

"Hey you!!! Stop depradating!" *Hands gun to guest on porch* --> BOOM

Problem solved. Problem staying solved.

Comment

Opposed

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            Not really.

I've always thought I had to have a "crop" to claim that. I looked up TPWD definition of depredation:

Depredation
            Causing damage or destruction to property, commercial crops or native environments.
            Thanks! Carry on....
            Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
              Not really.

Even if you don’t make a clean, ethical kill, it’s your word against the hog’s.

Comment

I am from out a state, and don’t mind paying the 100.00. I buy two five day permits , as we hunt 10 days. Wish I could get more then two javelina, though.

Comment

It's pretty cheap already. The more $$$ going towards conservation, the better.

Comment

This state legislation is about as productive as nips on a boar hog. Embarrassing how little they have gotten done the last few years. This new law is a joke.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Stupid

Comment

Not a bad idea but until they put a bounty on them we aren’t going to see any reduction.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                          It's pretty cheap already. The more $$$ going towards conservation, the better.
                          This. Why would we want take money away from the little public land we have in Texas. The fees are nominal, even for out of state and we are all buying a license anyway. Pigs are here to stay.

Comment

No License to Hog Hunt in Texas

I say legalize shooting hogs from the roadways! Who’s with me?????!!!!!!!

And it should be against the law to knowingly allow hogs to roam your property without either trapping them or allowing someone to hunt them.

Also, there should be a bounty on every set of ears of 3$.
                            Last edited by super_dave; 05-17-2019, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Sooo….the next question is-
                              Who was pushing this legislation?

Who actually heard about the proposal before it went to the House?

Comment

Working...
                              X