Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
    Congrats to you and your boy Jbarr!

I remember your story about coaching your son's teams this Spring...it must be extra sweet in light of that.

Tons of heartbreak is dealt out on lists like that this time of year. Those that get to keep playing for their school are truly blessed!
    Yes sir, we are both pretty excited about it. Unfortunately a couple of his buddies didn’t make the team.

Comment

Originally posted by jbarr View Post
      My son made the Deer Park High School Baseball Team this afternoon. He’s busted his tail the past 2 years for this. Definitely proud of him. Good luck this year fellas looking forward to see everyone’s kids and teams progress this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That's awesome man, good luck to you guys this year

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
        Man that sucks Systemnt. but hes young.

My middle son who played select ball from 9-18 was an injury machine. Broken ankles (football/motocross), broke both arms same day when he was 13 (basketball). Dislocated throwing shoulder at 14 in a game. Broke finger and damaged growth plate at 16 in Football, (another surgery). Broken ribs catching in a showcase baseball game at 17, and a few more here and there........

All in all, injury made him stronger and fight harder to recover. And his senior year he was one of 8 "kids to watch" in Texas 2A Baseball.

"Copay"....er.... I mean Dillon is off in college now and doing fantastic.

Prayers for your sons quick healing bud.............

Wish all you select parents a great year, first time in a long long time were not playing 100+ baseball games a year. Sure gonna miss it..
        "Copay" haha

Comment

Good luck to all the players this Spring!

[IMG][/IMG]
          Last edited by twperdue; 01-27-2019, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jbarr View Post
            My son made the Deer Park High School Baseball Team this afternoon. He’s busted his tail the past 2 years for this. Definitely proud of him. Good luck this year fellas looking forward to see everyone’s kids and teams progress this season.

That's awesome and congrats! My boy will be a Freshman next year and we've always said we let him play travel ball now in hopes that he will have the skills to make his highschool team if he wants to play. There sure is alot of competition these days and sadly alot of really good ball player get cut. Must be extra hard to make a team at a large school like deer Park! Congrats again!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
              Man that sucks Systemnt. but hes young.

My middle son who played select ball from 9-18 was an injury machine. Broken ankles (football/motocross), broke both arms same day when he was 13 (basketball). Dislocated throwing shoulder at 14 in a game. Broke finger and damaged growth plate at 16 in Football, (another surgery). Broken ribs catching in a showcase baseball game at 17, and a few more here and there........

All in all, injury made him stronger and fight harder to recover. And his senior year he was one of 8 "kids to watch" in Texas 2A Baseball.

"Copay"....er.... I mean Dillon is off in college now and doing fantastic.

Prayers for your sons quick healing bud.............

Wish all you select parents a great year, first time in a long long time were not playing 100+ baseball games a year. Sure gonna miss it..
              Thanks and i literally laughed out loud at "copay".. that is freaking awesome.
              Thanks for your story on your son and prayers

We head to get the MRI tomorrow so we'll have a better idea of his recovery and all that entails by friday.
              Ive already made the decision that we are not rushing anything and if that means missing state and ws trips in june, so be it.
              We'll continue to work on blocking and catcher drills SANS the throwing just to keep his chops up.. but only after getting cleared by the doc to so.
              Last edited by systemnt; 01-29-2019, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Looking for someplace still holding tryouts for 14u this spring for my son in north Houston area. He did not make the Kingwood freshman team.
                Honest assessment, he has a good glove but needs more zip in his transitions. He hasnt played since last spring and his throwing accuracy has suffered a lot. He needs work on fielding.
                Upside, he is a monster at the plate. Has a great eye for the ball and easily hits in the 300-310’ range. He is 5’10” and about 145 lbs. Fast with good range.
                Would appreciate any lead on any teams in the area who may need another player.

Comment

Good news from doc.. mri showed no ucl tear..just really irritated the muscle on the growth plate it attaches to.
                  Can do light practice with no throwing , along with PT now..and start throwing increments in about 3 weeks..
                  Happy Baller

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                    We're not doing Select anymore since we're @ the high school level now, but baseball season can't get here soon enough for me!
                    If your son is truly interested in baseball and it is possible for him to play at a higher level... mainly college, I would still highly recommend having him play tournament teams that do the showcase tournaments. These teams do not start playing until after the high school season.

Comment

system. Good for him. Having to watch team from dugout may put some fire in him as well. Looking forward to following. If any of you guys play at RR this Spring let me known. I’ll stop by and watch a few games

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
                        If your son is truly interested in baseball and it is possible for him to play at a higher level... mainly college, I would still highly recommend having him play tournament teams that do the showcase tournaments. These teams do not start playing until after the high school season.
                        This above....I personally haven’t seen a kid in the last 8-10 years play at the next level that did not play some sort of travel ball. Not many scouts at HS games for sure. Traveled all over the country with mine for years and he is one of the lucky ones to get a chance at the next level. If he has any desire to play any level of college ball he will need to stay playing with a tournament team.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Brass View Post
                          Looking for someplace still holding tryouts for 14u this spring for my son in north Houston area. He did not make the Kingwood freshman team.
                          Honest assessment, he has a good glove but needs more zip in his transitions. He hasnt played since last spring and his throwing accuracy has suffered a lot. He needs work on fielding.
                          Upside, he is a monster at the plate. Has a great eye for the ball and easily hits in the 300-310’ range. He is 5’10” and about 145 lbs. Fast with good range.
                          Would appreciate any lead on any teams in the area who may need another player.
                          Try Dynasty in Kingwood they normally have a 14U team talk to Heath.

Comment

Tomorrow we are having a grand opening of the facility from 10-2 in Nevada.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                              Try Dynasty in Kingwood they normally have a 14U team talk to Heath.
                              Dynasty team is full. He has been taking batting practice with Heath for a couple of years now. Time for some fielding and throwing lessons.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Brass View Post
                                Dynasty team is full. He has been taking batting practice with Heath for a couple of years now. Time for some fielding and throwing lessons.
                                Call Heath and get Tony Bendner for lessons. He is pretty good with the boys.

Comment

Working...
                                X