Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
      Arrow slung and deer recovered!

Yeah buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
          Just bought a house and don’t have money or time to outfit a bike for Laguna. I’m pretty used to some hard hiking so I won’t have an issue getting away from others. So you’re saying no cover just a chair?

Howdy!

Last year I took a womens' mountain bike that I bought for 20$ off my neighbor. It was a bit small for me and not in the best condition, but it helped me get around quicker than on foot and I was fortunate to kill a young bull. I didn't outfit, change, or upgrade it in any way. I don't think I would have got him without having the bike as I was able to cover a long distance quickly to get where he was and with plenty of time to hunt.

I understand money being an issue, I was and still am in a similar situation. But, there are low cost options that can mean the difference between coming home with meat in the cooler or not. All I did was buy an extra tube and some slime in case of issues with flats.

Best of luck with your hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by HankTheTank View Post
            Howdy!

Last year I took a womens' mountain bike that I bought for 20$ off my neighbor. It was a bit small for me and not in the best condition, but it helped me get around quicker than on foot and I was fortunate to kill a young bull. I didn't outfit, change, or upgrade it in any way. I don't think I would have got him without having the bike as I was able to cover a long distance quickly to get where he was and with plenty of time to hunt.

I understand money being an issue, I was and still am in a similar situation. But, there are low cost options that can mean the difference between coming home with meat in the cooler or not. All I did was buy an extra tube and some slime in case of issues with flats.

Best of luck with your hunt.

Not a bad idea. Maybe one of my local pawn shops will have an adult bike that’s in decent shape!

Comment

Congrats bryan

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Not a bad idea. Maybe one of my local pawn shops will have an adult bike that’s in decent shape!

I'm rethinking this also. May have to get a bike when I get down there.

Comment

Doe down!

Comment

I let a fugly 5 point walk first day. Drew back on a huge bull...only to have stop behind a yucca at 20 yards. Motionless for minutes, then spun around and left. Fugly came back by this morning. Cant upload picture at the moment. Headed to check in.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                      I let a fugly 5 point walk first day. Drew back on a huge bull...only to have stop behind a yucca at 20 yards. Motionless for minutes, then spun around and left. Fugly came back by this morning. Cant upload picture at the moment. Headed to check in.

There you go! This thread has given me a renewed outlook on this hunt. Thank you guys for the updates!

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                        There you go! This thread has given me a renewed outlook on this hunt. Thank you guys for the updates!

I think the big boys will be a little more prone to daylight movement when we get there[emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                          close call......what compartment are you in?

Comment

I think the big boys will be a little more prone to daylight movement when we get there[emoji41]

Sure hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                              Doe down!
                              where are you hunting at......I'm going in dec
                              any tips on spots

Comment

Congrats y’all! I think this cold front got them up and moving

Comment

Working...
                                X