How do you deal with your loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you deal with your loss?

With the sudden loss of my wife, Alecia, I have been busy taking care of her affairs. Calling daily to take care of something or another. I know it's been a couple of months now, but now that everything has settled down, it's really sinking in hard. I wake up and she's not there. I don't get my daily call at lunch time. I get home and she's not there. I go to bed and she's not there. I'm really starting to have issue's. For those that have lost a spouse, how do you deal with it? I'm missing her something bad.

I can't speak from experience on a spouse, but you have to keep busy and do what you enjoy. Down time is more time to think.

Time heals all wounds.

Comment

No personal experience and I can't imagine the pain you feel, but I'll be praying for you. The green screen is always here in those times when you're feeling alone. Please reach out at any time. Shoot me a text or call any time 409-626-0494.

Comment

I don't have first-hand experience but I will be praying for you. I would say do the best you can at staying busy. Get involved with some groups maybe at church, or a gun range, or whatever interests you. I would also look into a grieving support group. They will understand what you are going through and should be a big help.

Comment

Time has been my only friend & medicine when dealing with loss...hang in there brother.

Comment

Lost our son almost a year ago, loss flat out sux.

Feel free to grieve and cry alot…..that keeps her memory going and helps your process.

We made a space for our son in the house, with keepsakes and pictures.

We also talk all the time about him, and keep him in our conversations.

Try to find people to keep you company and just be near you.

So sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Praying for you, brother. I've not had to find out how I'd deal with it, thank God. But I am certain it wouldn't be easy.

Comment

Have a relationship with Jesus. Your prayers will be heard in your times of loneliness and sadness he is listening. You’re never alone if you have a relationship with Jesus. He is the comforter that ultimately can heal.

Comment

It's true that grief comes in waves and the first waves may be a huge and constant and knock you down and make you feel like you will never get back up. Over time the waves get less and less intense and less frequent. Every time I start to feel consumed by negative emotions I just try to replace those with thoughts of happy memories. About all you can do. There is no right or wrong way to grieve.

Comment

See if your church offers grief counseling. My sister did that when her husband passed and it really helped. She also got a puppy to help keep her company at night. Meds might be another option if nothing else helps.

Comment

I can’t help except to offer prayers. Hang in there bud.

Comment

My son and his family live with me, so I'm not alone. I don't know what I would do if so. I know it will get better.

Comment

A friend on mine lost his wife last year and he was a total wreck. Me and our coffee shop buddies from the table of knowledge suggested he get himself a dog so he did. He got an Australian Shepard pup and it has kept him occupied 24/7 and got his mind off his loss. Without that puppy I don't think he would still be with us today.

Comment

Prayer up for you Randy and your family. Hang in there Bud !

Comment

My Wife died on May 31, 2017. We had been married nearly 42 years.
                              There isn't a magic "fix". All I can do is rely on my drive to be around other people.
                              Some Churches have a program called "Grief Share". I highly recommend it as you'll meet other people experiencing the same issues, and you'll learn first hand that you are not alone.
                              Best wishes to you as the journey continues.

Comment

Working...
                              X