Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Youth Bowhunter

Howdy

Looking to get my son his first compound bow. Anybody got any suggestions, I’m open to used equipment as well. Maybe somebody’s kid out there needs to upgrade and unload his old stuff.

How’s a going sir. Something I’d recommend and I am a little bias cause this is what I grew up shooting when I started bow hunting was a mission. I personally feel they are very good quality for the price and they are made by Matthews so they have a good warranty. They have rotating mods for the newer models besides the MXR ranging from 17” to 29 or 30 inches of draw length depending on the model, and the draw weight is very adjustable as well.

Comment

Bear

I recommend the Bear Cruizer Lite.

Pretty adjustable.

My 9yo grandson.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220511-130501_Photos.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	24689094

Comment

I bought my 9 y/o son a Bear Limitless and it’s rock solid for him. And the price was right on point for my pocket book

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba1234 View Post
          How’s a going sir. Something I’d recommend and I am a little bias cause this is what I grew up shooting when I started bow hunting was a mission. I personally feel they are very good quality for the price and they are made by Matthews so they have a good warranty. They have rotating mods for the newer models besides the MXR ranging from 17” to 29 or 30 inches of draw length depending on the model, and the draw weight is very adjustable as well.
          I think a mission is what we are gunna go with. They seem to be the best beginner setup and will last him till he can buy his own gear! Just looking now for a good used one at a decent price.

Comment

If he is just starting, I would make sure you figure out his dominate eye, much easier to start out shooting according to eye dominance now, than to switch later on. My son is generally right-handed, but left-eye dominate and has been shooting a left-handed bow since he started.

Comment

I just bought 3 missions for my 9, 11,12 year olds. They love them

Comment

My son has the bear cruiser lite also. Can't complain.

Comment

Working...
                X