Elk Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
    Go with a goodyear trailer tire, off road tires don’t do jack on a trailer cept slide, pop, and bounce. Even a P-metric street tire on a small single axle trailer is hard to beat.

Nice work though.
    I've had the exact opposite experience. Have a 24' tandem with 7,500 lb axels. Went through two sets of "premium" trailer tires with blowouts regularly in less than 3,000 miles. Switched to Cooper A/T's E rated tires and have ran her 20K miles with zero issues. Wont go back to trailer tires....

Comment

I wasn’t clear on all aspects. Was trying to steer people away from China Bombs. The goodyear trailer tires aired to the appropriate lbs according to their chart for the total trailer weight are pretty solid with less bounce. So many people over-inflate trailer tires.

I do off-roading with a trailer that has high ground clearance and the Goodyear tires I use work better off road and on ice than off-road tires.

I’m specifically talking about a single axle off road trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        Here's the new tire. I like these better than the Nitto's anyway. Prolly put a set on the goat in a few more months.
        [ATTACH]1092514[/ATTACH]
        I like the way the cut fenders turned out. I'd take them and sand the edges smooth and then have them sprayed with a double thick coat of rhino liner and mount back.

Comment

I had frame mounted fenders made with half steps because the box mounted stuff would fail on me from vibrations,and mud/snow buildup.

Your cuts should help with that if you don’t let stuff buildup too much.

Last edited by Voodoo; 06-17-2022, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Sweet rig with awesome purpose MrTraildust.

Comment

Elk Trailer

New shoes with highway capability ready to go on.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                I had frame mounted fenders made with half steps because the box mounted stuff would fail on me from vibrations,and mud/snow buildup.

Your cuts should help with that if you don’t let stuff buildup too much.

Yup, Johns got a tubing bender and will be tasked with something like this for next year. He'll be adding a rub-rail in case he's driving
                Last edited by Traildust; 06-20-2022, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                  I like the way the cut fenders turned out. I'd take them and sand the edges smooth and then have them sprayed with a double thick coat of rhino liner and mount back.
                  Gonna hit them with a tiger disc and smooth out the edges!

Comment

I’ve been think about doing same except using https://timbren.com/n-148-off-road-t...ion-guide.html these axles. I’m getting tired of living in a camper shell 15 + nights a year

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                      I’ve been think about doing same except using https://timbren.com/n-148-off-road-t...ion-guide.html these axles. I’m getting tired of living in a camper shell 15 + nights a year
                      Yup, we looked at those and new torsion bar axles with lifts. For where we are actually traveling ( established trails and roads ) and being pulled with offroad-unfriendly big diesel trucks....we couldn't justify the expense.

If we truly traveled rough terrain, those would be a great option for sure.

Comment

I like the axel flip idea.. You definitely need the clearance. I have a 6 by 12 I hauled to Colorado year before last.. If I know where I'm going I'll bring it again but that year I drew in a unit I didn't know and went alone. I got almost to the top of the mountain and ran into a road block. Basically a single vehicle road with no where to turn around.. The road wasn't marked as closed on the map nor at the intersection. Luckily about 30 yards past the barricades there was a spot to turn around .. I moved the road block and got turned around . Backing a half mile down a 1 lane road would have sucked.. I'm not sure it could have been done.

Comment

Are you gonna pimp out the inside with racks/shelves/beds/chili pepper lights/etc?

Comment

We are going to pimp out the inside with LED lighting E Track system on the walls and floor along with some E Track shelves and wall baskets.

Comment

tagged for sure

Comment

how did you paint the trailer. I have almost the exact same trailer that needs a paint job and the roof coated as well. Any help on this would be great! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X