Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
    Very nice set up.

I noticed while looking at the pics posted in the op, you could hang another mat on the back side of the frame.

Maybe that would double the stopping power for your arrows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah it sure would help, I am not really concerned with it at this point though. We will see in the future.

Originally posted by JES View Post
    Nice build, one comment though.

If the mat is tightly secured to the frame it will make it easier for an arrow to pass through. If it was hanging and loose then it would be able to absorb the energy of arrow more and would be more effective at stopping an errant arrow.

It’s secured at the top and just a couple “helper” screws in the bottom to help keep all the weight off the top bolts. The weight of the mat causes a good amount of stretch in the holes for the top bolt. It still has some flex to it. We will see how it works in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice build sir

Comment

very nice, i was thinking of doing the same thing and just using some old conveyor belting from work

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
          Very nice set up.

I noticed while looking at the pics posted in the op, you could hang another mat on the back side of the frame.

Maybe that would double the stopping power for your arrows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Just hang a piece of old carpet on the back of the target. That should stop the arrow. At least that's what I did and it worked.

Comment

Got the “real” target set up. Hope the neighborhood bucks don’t get ****** off.

Comment

I got two 6’ long pieces of used conveyor belt for my backstop. One difference is that my target butt is stacked layers of carpet.

Comment

Target Backstop

I’d like to get a buck target. Do you like it?

Comment

Originally posted by LegenW84itDary View Post
                  I’d like to get a buck target. Do you like it?

Haven’t shot it yet. [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                    My wife wanted to start shooting her bow some so I built her a little range. Have a Glendel buck on the way.

Nothing special but took some tips from some of the old pros on here.

2x4 frame with 4x4 posts

4’x6’x3/4” stall mat

Will fill with some landscape fabrics/gravel to keep weeds out.

Plan on adding a small solar flood light for some evening shooting.

Very nice.

Comment

I like. Great job.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                        My wife wanted to start shooting her bow some so I built her a little range. Have a Glendel buck on the way.

Nothing special but took some tips from some of the old pros on here.

2x4 frame with 4x4 posts

4’x6’x3/4” stall mat

Looks great! I just added a 2nd stall mat as I sent one arrow through (luckily the fence right behind it helped it stop)

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                          Nice build, one comment though.

If the mat is tightly secured to the frame it will make it easier for an arrow to pass through. If it was hanging and loose then it would be able to absorb the energy of arrow more and would be more effective at stopping an errant arrow.
                          I've been told by multiple folks that free hanging piece of scrap carpet will do the same. Just bounce off. No penetration. If so, my backstop may be way overkill.

Comment

Working...
                          X