Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-13-2022, 11:45 AM   #1
MikeyG
Ten Point

Hunt In: San Saba, Lampassas
Default Angus per pound?

How much are yíall seeing prices for a butchered angus go for?
Iím being quoted $8.50. Is that in the ball park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2022, 11:58 AM   #2
BlackdirtCowboy
Four Point

Hunt In: Texas and the western U.S.

Sounds high to me. I sell fat cattle to folks to custom slaughter. They pay me for the live steer and pay the butcher themselves. I think it usually comes out closer to $4-5 a pound. But I’m selling the fat cattle at current market price that feedlots get for their fat cattle. I’m not gouging people on live price.
BlackdirtCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2022, 02:19 PM   #3
MikeyG
Ten Point

8.50 is butchered and vacuum sealed. I felt it was high too.

Old 08-13-2022, 02:23 PM   #4
Greenheadless
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SE Texas

I am seeing ~$5/pound hanging weight.
Greenheadless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2022, 02:27 PM   #5
tpack
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath

A big % of that is going to be hamburger meat too. Too high in my opinion. I watch the sales and buy only choice cuts from HEB or Kroger and never ever pay full price for meat. 5.98 choice ribeye's last week for example. If it is just for convenience, then that's another thing, but you usually pay more for convenience. I`ve never bought into buying a whole beef anyway. There is a misconception that it cheaper in the long run. I think not.

Last edited by tpack; 08-13-2022 at 02:49 PM.
tpack is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2022, 02:27 PM   #6
drs
Eight Point

Hunt In: salado

I pay 3.60 hanging weight vacuum sealed
drs is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2022, 02:29 PM   #7
Lone_Wolf
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bosque Hill McLennan Navarro Counties

If you want to do it yourself. Come pick one out. I can give you a deal. Grass fed.
Lone_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2022, 02:31 PM   #8
Lone_Wolf
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bosque Hill McLennan Navarro Counties

I can give you a super deal on a wild cattle hunt. Crazy ***** Limousine, bad fence. Need them gone. Seriously, THEY BE WILD. Be better in cold weather for processing......
Lone_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2022, 04:40 PM   #9
MikeyG
Ten Point

Dang. Now I need to figure out how to have the conversation with my friend whoís quoting 8.50.

Old 08-13-2022, 05:00 PM   #10
scotth89
Ten Point

Hunt In: Splendora, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
Dang. Now I need to figure out how to have the conversation with my friend whoís quoting 8.50.

Thatís not a friend.
scotth89 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2022, 05:20 PM   #11
J-Carp
Ten Point

We are paying right at $1/lb custom butcher
J-Carp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2022, 05:22 PM   #12
BlackdirtCowboy
Four Point

Quote:
8.50 is butchered and vacuum sealed. I felt it was high too.

Yeah that’s what I’m talking about as well. Butchered and vacuum packed around $4-5 a pound. $8.50 is way too high.

So here is the last breakdown on a steer I sold.

Live weight 1400 @ 1.40 = $1960
Slaughter fee = $85
63% dressing percentage = 882 pound hanging weight
Processing @ $0.85 per pound = $749.70

80% yield = 705.6 pounds of take home product.
Total cost = 2794.70
Final cost = $3.96 per pound.

You cannot buy all that for that cheap at the grocery store. You can’t even buy hamburger meat that cheap at the grocery store. We usually get a third of ours in hamburger. You can get a s little or as much hamburger as you want depending on the way you have the carcass cut. If you are hell bent on paying $8.50 a pound for it, I’ll sell you one, have it butchered, and deliver it to you.

Keep in mind, this isn’t a “money making” part of my operation. I feed out the unmarketable steers that I can’t sell to the feedlots. Something that broke a leg, missing a tail, crooked back, blind, that sort of thing. So I don’t always have a steady supply. But I keep them on feed until they are finished. Generally, the cattle I butcher will grade mid to high choice with a few primes sprinkled in. Now, if I could just figure out how to produce a steer that all rib eyes and t bones…

Last edited by BlackdirtCowboy; 08-13-2022 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-13-2022, 05:22 PM   #13
Target-panic
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas, Kansas, Illinois, South Dakota, Quebec

Quote:

I would start with the Dave Ramsey question ďis that the best price you can do?Ē Then go into the ďdid some checking around and the average price ranges from $3-$5 hanging weightĒ ďwhy would I pay more for this one?Ē

This ainít about friends, this is business. I donít mind someone making money, just donít try to make it all off of me.

Target-panic is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2022, 05:31 PM   #14
Greenheadless
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Carp View Post
We are paying right at $1/lb custom butcher
Old 08-13-2022, 05:43 PM   #15
cva34
Ten Point

Hunt In: LOOKING

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackdirtCowboy View Post
Yeah thatís what Iím talking about as well. Butchered and vacuum packed around $4-5 a pound. $8.50 is way too high.

Slaughter fee = $85

Total cost = 2794.70

You cannot buy all that for that cheap at the grocery store. You canít even buy hamburger meat that cheap at the grocery store. We usually get a third of ours in hamburger. You can get a s little or as much hamburger as you want depending on the way you have the carcass cut. If you are hell bent on paying $8.50 a pound for it, Iíll sell you one, have it butchered, and deliver it to you.

Keep in mind, this isnít a ďmoney makingĒ part of my operation. I feed out the unmarketable steers that I canít sell to the feedlots. Something that broke a leg, missing a tail, crooked back, blind, that sort of thing. So I donít always have a steady supply. But I keep them on feed until they are finished. Generally, the cattle I butcher will grade mid to high choice with a few primes sprinkled in. Now, if I could just figure out how to produce a steer that all rib eyes and t bonesÖ
Thanks for breakdown ..very Interesting
cva34 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2022, 05:50 PM   #16
bobc
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bell County, New Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
I can give you a super deal on a wild cattle hunt. Crazy ***** Limousine, bad fence. Need them gone. Seriously, THEY BE WILD. Be better in cold weather for processing......

One of the happiest days of my life was watching the trailer pull off with the last of those crazy bastages we had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2022, 05:52 PM   #17
IowaHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: IA + MA

I like this thread.

The video link was interesting too.
IowaHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2022, 06:07 PM   #18
bowfishin fool
Ten Point

Hunt In: Harper Tx, Cuero TX

Quote:
Yeah thatís what Iím talking about as well. Butchered and vacuum packed around $4-5 a pound. $8.50 is way too high.

Slaughter fee = $85

Total cost = 2794.70

You cannot buy all that for that cheap at the grocery store. You canít even buy hamburger meat that cheap at the grocery store. We usually get a third of ours in hamburger. You can get a s little or as much hamburger as you want depending on the way you have the carcass cut. If you are hell bent on paying $8.50 a pound for it, Iíll sell you one, have it butchered, and deliver it to you.

Keep in mind, this isnít a ďmoney makingĒ part of my operation. I feed out the unmarketable steers that I canít sell to the feedlots. Something that broke a leg, missing a tail, crooked back, blind, that sort of thing. So I donít always have a steady supply. But I keep them on feed until they are finished. Generally, the cattle I butcher will grade mid to high choice with a few primes sprinkled in. Now, if I could just figure out how to produce a steer that all rib eyes and t bonesÖ

Our numbers are way lower than that..

1400 lbs dressed to 882. Im with you there, but on a 882 carcass, you will NEVER See 80% yield..

Iím happy with 60-65%

So 882 X .6 = 529 lbs

We are paying $1/lb for basic processing, if you wanted stew meat, tenderized cutlets and a few other things, they are $.30/lb extra. I average about 1.15/lb with the slaughter fees included.

So
1.40x1400 = 1960
1.15x 882 = 1014.3
Yields 529 lbs

$2974 plus gas to slaughter and gas to pick up and deliver to the customer. Letís say Iím $3200 in on 529lbs.
Thatís $6/lb right there without any time factored in.

If your wanting custom fed, know where your stuff has been kind of meat. $8.50 isnít too far off in todays market. Your paying for quality beef, but your also paying for peace of mind and to support local business..

As independent producers we will never get close to touching the box beef in price, but we will dang sure be able to show you where that calf has been itís while life, show you itís health record, tell why itís so dang tender and how It ended up on your plate. Itíll also feed a local ranchers family along the way..

Just my .02

I wonít lie, even I buy a steak every now and again when those ribeyes hit 5.96/lb.

bowfishin fool is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2022, 06:15 PM   #19
BlackdirtCowboy
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowfishin fool View Post

1400 lbs dressed to 882. Im with you there, but on a 882 carcass, you will NEVER See 80% yield..

Iím happy with 60-65%

So 882 X .6 = 529 lbs

We are paying $1/lb for basic processing, if you wanted stew meat, tenderized cutlets and a few other things, they are $.30/lb extra. I average about 1.15/lb with the slaughter fees included.

So
1.40x1400 = 1960
1.15x 882 = 1014.3
Yields 529 lbs

$2974 plus gas to slaughter and gas to pick up and deliver to the customer. Letís say Iím $3200 in on 529lbs.

If your wanting custom fed, know where your stuff has been kind of meat. $8.50 isnít too far off in todays market. Your paying for quality beef, but your also paying for peace of mind and to support local business..

As independent producers we will never get close to touching the box beef in price, but we will dang sure be able to show you where that calf has been itís while life, show you itís health record, tell why itís so dang tender and how It ended up on your plate. Itíll also feed a local ranchers family along the way..

Just my .02

I wonít lie, even I buy a steak every now and again when those ribeyes hit 5.96/lb.

If youíre only getting 529 pounds of meat from a 1400 pound steer, you need to find a new butcher. Too much is walking out the back door or going out in the trim barrels. You can figure 50% of live weight as take home meat, give or take. Of course, this varies on how you have it cut, and if you bone out all the steaks or not. But Iíve been doing this all my life, and with how we cut our carcasses, my numbers are spot on.
Old 08-13-2022, 06:21 PM   #20
Team Porkchop
Ten Point

The USDA puts out a monthly report of grass fed beef prices. Last one I saw was a whole carcass cost 5.75-8.50 per pound direct to customer.

Last edited by Team Porkchop; 08-13-2022 at 06:32 PM.
Team Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2022, 06:47 PM   #21
bowfishin fool
Ten Point

Quote:
If youíre only getting 529 pounds of meat from a 1400 pound steer, you need to find a new butcher. Too much is walking out the back door or going out in the trim barrels. You can figure 50% of live weight as take home meat, give or take. Of course, this varies on how you have it cut, and if you bone out all the steaks or not. But Iíve been doing this all my life, and with how we cut our carcasses, my numbers are spot on.

Your not wrong that cut choices matter. But be honest, how many folks get a bone in rib-eye in the year 2022?? Or T bones over new york strips? Are you counting marrow bones, kidney fat and the offals in your yield?

Maybe I need or come up and spend a day processing with yíall. If you can get me and extra 200lbs per calf, Iím all about itÖ

Old 08-13-2022, 06:50 PM   #22
BlackdirtCowboy
Four Point

I get bone in ribeyes. I also get t-bones. Lol. I donít bone anything out. Cuts cooked with the bone in just taste better. But no, Iím not counting offal, kidney fat, or marrow bones. I do keep the liver and ox tail. Occasionally Iíll keep a tongue or heart.

And you are correct, if youíre boning everything out, take home meat will be closer to 40% of live weight. I absolutely hate it when someone asks me if they buy a steer, how much meat will they get. It really does depend. Thereís just too many variables to give them a precise answer. And as you can see, it can swing the amount by 150 pounds easily.

Last edited by BlackdirtCowboy; 08-13-2022 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-13-2022, 07:03 PM   #23
MikeyG
Ten Point

Thanks for the info yíall. Iíll let you know what he says when I ask him to help me understand why his prices are higher than the average.

Old 08-13-2022, 07:04 PM   #24
tpack
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath

Quote:

I would just say that I changed my mind and not worry about it. Maybe he has gotten that price before and good for him. It`s a free market. When I managed a meat market, I always said that my worst customer was an "Educated Consumer". Now I have become that person.
tpack is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2022, 07:21 PM   #25
MikeyG
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowfishin fool View Post

Iím happy with 60-65%

So 882 X .6 = 529 lbs

So
1.40x1400 = 1960
1.15x 882 = 1014.3
Yields 529 lbs

Just my .02

Good insight to consider.

Old 08-13-2022, 07:31 PM   #26
shark79
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills County

$5.25/lb. hanging weight is what I've been quoted.
shark79 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-13-2022, 10:01 PM   #27
theloneranger
Eight Point

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark79 View Post
$5.25/lb. hanging weight is what I've been quoted.
This is about right in SETX. I have been charging $4.00 hanging weight on the steer and the buyer also pays the $1.25 lb for processing. This will likely go up next year due to feed and fuel costs.
theloneranger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-14-2022, 10:54 AM   #28
moon
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas,

I just got back 2 steers your welcome to come to my place pic out what you want . I have a 55 gal drum full of hamburger meat and 2 in thick T bones all grass feed born here on my place.
moon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-14-2022, 10:55 AM   #29
moon
Ten Point

I paid 75 dollar kill fee and .85 to process
Old 08-14-2022, 11:56 AM   #30
Billy Shipp
Eight Point

Hunt In: Where ever I'm invited

I just picked up a calf I had butchered last Wed. Live weight was 1225#, I got 465# of shrink wrapped meat....$100.00 kill fee, $!.25 per pound for vacuum packing....J&S Processing in Fairfield.....I'm happy!
Billy Shipp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-14-2022, 01:48 PM   #31
Swampa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Broke parent kids baseball club

I pay $4-5 for wagyu/angus

Swampa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-14-2022, 08:31 PM   #32
merlin
Ten Point

How long are they letting ya''ll hang them?
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-14-2022, 08:51 PM   #33
moon
Ten Point

they hung mine for a little over 2 weeks and it was vacuum sealed Fulton's in Marlin 75 kill fee and .85 cents hang #
Old 08-14-2022, 08:54 PM   #34
BlackdirtCowboy
Four Point

I hang mine 3 weeks.
Old 08-14-2022, 09:55 PM   #35
bowfishin fool
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin View Post
How long are they letting ya''ll hang them?

We typically do 10-14 days depending on how busy the packer is.

Old 08-14-2022, 10:49 PM   #36
BRUTE 23
Four Point

There are a lot of unanswered questions here before conclusions can be made.

Are you buying a whole calf or showing up and buying a couple pieces out of his freezer?

What cuts or is it ground meat?

Along the lines of the first one did you handle the calf or the butchering or any thing in the process?

I don't think he is screwing you. You just may be paying for services or quality you may not want. People here showed you the cost to produce the product. He's not the food bank. I'm sure he wants some profit on there too.

If you want cheap meat go to Walmart not an individual. They will beat it every time.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
BRUTE 23 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2022, 10:02 AM   #37
Dusty Britches
Pope & Young

At 8.50 / pound my thoughts is he is trying to offer premium beef - prime or prime +. Averages are based on average beef which is select to low choice.

I've seen others selling Wagu and Wagu - Angus cross for $8-9 but they are grading 100% prime.
Dusty Britches is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2022, 01:23 PM   #38
JonW
Eight Point

Hunt In: Tennessee, Ohio, Texas

Sounds about right. I was quoted quite a bit more for grass-finished red angus a couple of weeks ago.

Good quality, locally produced meat is going to cost more than industrial feedlot commodity cuts sold at the grocery store. Those that prefer to buy their meat from Kroger/H‑E‑B definitely arenít doing so for quality. I know not to expect much when I do.

JonW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2022, 01:25 PM   #39
Greenheadless
Pope & Young

I’m paying 12.99/lb for prime ribeyes.

Not to derail this thread, but if you have never shopped Aldi for meat, you need to look into it.

Kroger meat is an abomination…….I don’t know how they set away with it.
Old 08-15-2022, 01:35 PM   #40
K. Lane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kendall County Texas

I’m dropping one of for slaughter this coming Sunday the 21st
$70 kill fee
$40 to “dispose of the hide”
Hung and aged 14-21 days
$0.95 per pound ganging weight
Vacuum sealed and frozen on pick up
K. Lane is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2022, 01:56 PM   #41
Blackmouth
Eight Point

How far out are y'all having to book dates with the processor?

OP, $8.50/lb does seem a little steep. I am very early in the direct marketing of my beef and have been pondering the price. I'd love $8.50/lb
Blackmouth is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2022, 03:45 PM   #42
bowfishin fool
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmouth View Post

OP, $8.50/lb does seem a little steep. I am very early in the direct marketing of my beef and have been pondering the price. I'd love $8.50/lb

I book ~ 4 months out to get the dates I want. Less than 3 months out and we have slim pickings on head count and days of the week

We quit charging by the pound because it was to much time to explain hangin weight vs cut weight etc.

We charge by the quarter half or whole. And guarantee at least 700lbs hanging. Most of the time we end up closer to 800 hanging and that just makes the customer a little bit happier (If they understand).

Old 08-15-2022, 03:52 PM   #43
bowfishin fool
Ten Point

I guess I missed it in The thread.. but is the 8.50 per pound packaged and delivered??

Or is it 8.50/lb hangin weight?

Old 08-15-2022, 05:22 PM   #44
bloodstick
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over Texas

Quote:

We lucked out when I called the processor in Madisonville back in Feb. First available date was 6 months. Our date is tomorrow the 16th. Glad i didn't wait any further to call.

OP, 8.50 seems high to me. We just finished two steers. Bought one for 400 and the the for $500 last October. Mostly grass fed but still fed them non-medicated feed throughout. I will know their true weight tomorrow, but they were on pace to hit 1300 and 1400 Lbs. when I trailered them to the vet. Just ran them across the scales while the horse went in.

Anyhow, I tallied up all the feed costs @ $2500 total for non-medicated feed and hay (finished on corn chops). Could have gotten away with less if I didn't have to feed as much hay with the drought. Processor is charging $1.10/Lb hanging weight to process and package. If my math is right, some of yall in the business correct me if i'm wrong or missed something because I'm doing this for myself and a family member. Only my second time feeding them out myself... 500+400+2500=$3400 for just the cost of the steers and feed/hay. We are guestimating between 550 and 700Lb hanging weight for them each. I'll just average that out for the sake of easy math. 625Lb X 625Lb = 1250Lb X 1.10/Lb (processing fee) =$1375 for processing. 1375+3400=$4775 total. Guessing we yield 500LB from each, $4,775 / 1000Lb yield comes to $4.775 per Lb.
Keep in mind this is without any profit. If he is nearly doubling the cost and passing that along to you, its a huge markup.
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2022, 06:25 PM   #45
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstick View Post
We lucked out when I called the processor in Madisonville back in Feb. First available date was 6 months. Our date is tomorrow the 16th. Glad i didn't wait any further to call.

OP, 8.50 seems high to me. We just finished two steers. Bought one for 400 and the the for $500 last October. Mostly grass fed but still fed them non-medicated feed throughout. I will know their true weight tomorrow, but they were on pace to hit 1300 and 1400 Lbs. when I trailered them to the vet. Just ran them across the scales while the horse went in.

Anyhow, I tallied up all the feed costs @ $2500 total for non-medicated feed and hay (finished on corn chops). Could have gotten away with less if I didn't have to feed as much hay with the drought. Processor is charging $1.10/Lb hanging weight to process and package. If my math is right, some of yall in the business correct me if i'm wrong or missed something because I'm doing this for myself and a family member. Only my second time feeding them out myself... 500+400+2500=$3400 for just the cost of the steers and feed/hay. We are guestimating between 550 and 700Lb hanging weight for them each. I'll just average that out for the sake of easy math. 625Lb X 625Lb = 1250Lb X 1.10/Lb (processing fee) =$1375 for processing. 1375+3400=$4775 total. Guessing we yield 500LB from each, $4,775 / 1000Lb yield comes to $4.775 per Lb.
Keep in mind this is without any profit. If he is nearly doubling the cost and passing that along to you, its a huge markup.
To get a clearer picture, you really need to calculate in your opportunity cost if you would have sold those steers at their kill weight vs their purchase weight and add that to your cost. It sounds kind of complicated because you didn't actually pull that money out of your pocket. But it is still a cost of the finished product.

For example if I pull a 1,000 lb calf out of my pasture after feeding it $1,200 worth of feed and take it to the processor and get it processed for $800. That meat still cost me a lot more than $2,000 total. It also cost me the $1,200 I would have gotten had I sold the calf instead of butchering. So $3,200 in that example. Not to rain on your parade, but something else to think about.
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2022, 06:45 PM   #46
bowfishin fool
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
To get a clearer picture, you really need to calculate in your opportunity cost if you would have sold those steers at their kill weight vs their purchase weight and add that to your cost. It sounds kind of complicated because you didn't actually pull that money out of your pocket. But it is still a cost of the finished product.

For example if I pull a 1,000 lb calf out of my pasture after feeding it $1,200 worth of feed and take it to the processor and get it processed for $800. That meat still cost me a lot more than $2,000 total. It also cost me the $1,200 I would have gotten had I sold the calf instead of butchering. So $3,200 in that example. Not to rain on your parade, but something else to think about.

On that note..

No one wants to factor in time checking animals, costs of grass ($15-18/acre in my area), infrastructure, Gas, equipment, producers time, risk to lose an animal, marketing, ETC

Old 08-15-2022, 07:27 PM   #47
bloodstick
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post

Gotcha. I wouldn't know how to calculate out any reasonable profit as Bowfishin Fool has mentioned above. We have the space to raise 3 or 4 steers a year for any little extra side money we could get and have thought about it some but don't know how to calculate time/fuel/etc.

I guess after you explain it that way, the more I think about it, its not too far out of realm of possibility. The difference between the OP sale cost (8.50) and my finished cost (4.77) is $3.73/Lb. On a 500Lb yield, that's $1865 to cover all of what yall mentioned. And fuel isn't cheap these days. Nearest feed supplier is 20 miles and closest scale is 40 miles.
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2022, 07:39 PM   #48
K. Lane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kendall County Texas

Quote:

There are 2 processors here local to me, one was 6 weeks out (which is who I went with, because he has done market hogs for me and does a very good job)
The other place was 18 months outÖI almost fell out of my chair when they told me November 2023
K. Lane is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2022, 08:45 PM   #49
JonW
Eight Point

Hunt In: Tennessee, Ohio, Texas

This is from TBH sponsor Clarabelle Cattle Company.

Grass-finished or grain-finished

$8.50/lb is in-line with producers trying to turn some sort of profit.

https://checkout.square.site/buy/XS4...DHYYMINFUKI2VB

JonW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2022, 09:12 PM   #50
JWalker08
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mason, San Saba, NM, SD

I had a friend just call me selling beef by the 1/4 that average 160-190 lbs steaks roasts brisket and ground meat $5.50 a pound. All nicely packaged ready to go.
JWalker08 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top