Do your kids love it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do your kids love it?

Just curious how many of yalls kids absolutely love hunting. Its what they want to do all the time and over anything.

Or do your kids like hunting, but they are fine just hunting a few times a season. They would rather play golf, football, baseball, be with their friends, and what not.

When I was a kid, my dads thing was golf. I never really cared for golf. Hunting and fishing was always my thing. Now that I'm a dad, my 9 year old doesn't care anything about hunting; even though she has been around it her whole life. It's just not her thing and I can respect that and am not going to force it on her. She will fish with me, but its not really her thing either, but I enjoy the time we get to spend fishing together.

So just curious how yalls kids take to hunting.

Not near as serious as I took it when I was a kid - mine enjoy it and go a few times per season, but they are not eat up with it like I was

Comment

I am really hoping mine catch the addiction. Way too early to tell.

Comment

My son enjoys hunting deer but not ate up with it like I was at his age.

Comment

My son likes it, but not as crazy about it as I was and now he is in college and time is tough so hard to make it happen since we don't have a lease. That said, I am proud of him and I know if I called him and told him I had a hunt planned for us he would jump all over it!!!

Comment

Daughter loves it

Son thinks he does. He gets behind the trigger this year

Comment

Son is now 22…he would live outdoors if able

Comment

Had high hopes and visions that both of my boys would love to hunt. Got both of them through hunters Ed and neither want to hunt... ever. They're both pretty much grown now, so I guess I have grandkids to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                  Not near as serious as I took it when I was a kid - mine enjoy it and go a few times per season, but they are not eat up with it like I was
                  This is my exact situation

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                    Same, and it makes me sad

Comment

My son lives for it. His goal every year is to put enough meat in the freezer that he doesn’t have to buy any at the store. He gets it done and he has 9 mouths to feed.

Comment

My kids are young 9 and 5 but both love everything about it, my son actually killed his first deer last year with a crossbow!!!!

Comment

My kids dont love it, yet.

I am divorced and only get my kids (boy -12, girl -9) partially throughout the year. I think at their age, they are just happy to get to spend some time with dad... and if its in a blind or on the bank with catfish rods out, or hiking the trails, they dont care as long as they are with me.

Now, they have spent more time in those positions ^^ than most their age and they are enjoying IT more and more, which makes my heart happy. I've watched my kids catch their first fish, shoot their first deer, clean their first squirrel, get buck fever, sleep in the blind, and all the memories that come along with this genre of teaching/learning.

When I'm at an age where I can no longer go physically or they start taking their own children and teaching them the ways they learned from me, THAT'S when theyll realize they love it.

So, I don't think they love it........ yet.

Comment

Both of my boys have shot their first deer. My oldest got hooked and loves to hunt for anything he can. My youngest is too much of an animal lover to want to kill anything anymore. So yes and no.

Comment

Mine isnt old enough yet but she loves to chase deer and pet my mounts so hopefully she falls in love with it

Comment

Working...
                              X