No announcement yet.

Rotella T6 5W-40 Shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever get the full scoop on what is going on, this stuff is still not back on store shelves

Comment

Talked to a distributor last week and he said that it is all accounted for and they didn’t know how long that would be .

Comment

What was accounted for, I want to know what the F happened.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
          What was accounted for, I want to know what the F happened.
          All of the oil is accounted for by large clients! No small batches making it to retailers

Comment

I was surprised to see my Royal Purple Duralec Super at Oreilly. I normally order from Amazon in a 3 gallon case but went ahead and grabbed the 3 they had. It was 35 a gallon…not too bad. This is all I’ve run in the Cummins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought some more gallon jugs of T5 15w-40 last week at Home Depot in Rosenberg for around $14 per gallon. I’m guessing they have overlooked raising the price.

Comment

Oreilly in Liberty Hill has four 2.5 gallon jugs in stock on the self right now. You could call and have them set it aside.
                Attached Files

Comment

I bought a 2.5 gallon jug of T5 last week from TSC.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Home Depot in Granbury has some. 23.78 Gallon

Comment

Looks like the shortage is starting to ease up some. WalMart has it online (For $57/Gallon ), but Blaines Farm and Fleet has it for $32/gallon, along with a few others.

I still don't see it on Amazon. But maybe the drought is easing up?

Semi related, I waited 6 plus months for an oil filter for my car. Finally found a shop that had them, not marked up 200%, and ordered two. The shop only shipped USPS. So 50/50 chance it even shows up. Well guess who put my package in the wrong mailbox?

Last time I ordered something USPS, exact same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                        Anyone ever get the full scoop on what is going on, this stuff is still not back on store shelves
                        Additive shortage

Comment

I had to use Mobil 1 delvac this time. Supposedly they were only packing Rotella in 55 gal drums through the pandemic to keep the big boy shops afloat with supply. I have heard that they are gonna start back the supply for the everyday guys like us soon.

Comment

Plenty of T5 15w-40 out there. I’ve been using it the past 30k miles or so.

Comment

Back in stock at wally world for some reason.....

Comment

Originally posted by SNKETR View Post
                                Oreilly in Liberty Hill has four 2.5 gallon jugs in stock on the self right now. You could call and have them set it aside.
                                And people think gas is bad....thats dang near criminal

Comment

Working...
                                X