Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2022, 08:25 PM   #151
Grayson
Pope & Young
 
Grayson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: North Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye07 View Post
Itís still listed under agenda item 5. And still open for public comment online. Maybe theyíve changed their mind, but itís still on the agenda.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol.

Did you go to the meeting at Grayson?
Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2022, 09:21 PM   #152
Bullseye07
Pope & Young
 
Bullseye07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Celina
Hunt In: Leon/Freestone Cos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
Lol.

Did you go to the meeting at Grayson?

Why would I need to go to the meeting? Yíall have already recounted it 18 times.

Did you look at the agenda online?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bullseye07 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2022, 09:41 PM   #153
Grayson
Pope & Young
 
Grayson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: North Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye07 View Post
Why would I need to go to the meeting? Y’all have already recounted it 18 times.

Did you look at the agenda online?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d expect someone with your convictions to show up at the meeting.

Did you listen to the meeting today?
Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 08:14 AM   #154
Sparkles
Pope & Young
 
Sparkles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McKinney
Hunt In: Young County
Default Petition Opposing Making DMU21 firearm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye07 View Post
Why would I need to go to the meeting? Yíall have already recounted it 18 times.

Did you look at the agenda online?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The chickens have hatched
They are not taking a vote

ďThe commission is not interested in departing from strong local support as well as overwhelming local leadershipĒ
Carter Smith


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sparkles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 10:43 AM   #155
muzzyslinger
Ten Point
 
muzzyslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Howe tx
Hunt In: Grayson and Fannin Counties
Default

Lifelong Grayson County resident here (61) and Im glad that this BS is dead. if you want to gun hunt for deer go to another county
muzzyslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 11:45 AM   #156
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Amazing. People celebrating the government telling them what they can/canít do on their own land.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 12:06 PM   #157
jshouse
Pope & Young
 
jshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: NE Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Amazing. People celebrating the government telling them what they can/canít do on their own land.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
did you have the same concerns in 2012 when they opened archery only seasons in rockwall/collin/dallas counties? were you guys mad they didnt allow rifle hunting then?
jshouse is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 12:14 PM   #158
Encinal
Pope & Young
 
Encinal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Hunt In: Spite of Wife's Complaints
Default

Man I didn't have a dog in this hunt, but seeing how some of you are acting and talking its going to be real hard for me to feel sympathetic when this comes up again.
Encinal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 12:19 PM   #159
jshouse
Pope & Young
 
jshouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: NE Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinal View Post
Man I didn't have a dog in this hunt, but seeing how some of you are acting and talking its going to be real hard for me to feel sympathetic when this comes up again.
not much different than the argument over HF's is it? its usually split down the middle with emotion and irrationality from both sides.
jshouse is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 12:22 PM   #160
bossbowman
Ten Point
 
bossbowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hunt In: Bosque Brown Hill McLennan Navarro Counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshouse View Post
not much different than the argument over hf's is it? Its usually split down the middle with emotion and irrationality from both sides.
this
bossbowman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 01:19 PM   #161
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young
 
Goldeneagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Allen, TX
Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Amazing. People celebrating the government telling them what they can/canít do on their own land.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Kind of like antler restrictions huh?
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 01:41 PM   #162
Sippy
Pope & Young
 
Sippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Burnet, Smith, Eastland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Amazing. People celebrating the government telling them what they can/canít do on their own land.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have seen this said a couple of times. Im amazed that people think regulations are always a bad thing.

The state tells you what your hunting seasons and bag limits are, do you follow them?
Sippy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 01:52 PM   #163
Killer
Pope & Young
 
Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Powderly, TX
Hunt In: God's green earth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Amazing. People celebrating the government telling them what they can/canít do on their own land.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It has been happening for about 230 years here in the good old USA!

Thank goodness this died!
Killer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 01:54 PM   #164
Sparkles
Pope & Young
 
Sparkles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McKinney
Hunt In: Young County
Default Petition Opposing Making DMU21 firearm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Amazing. People celebrating the government telling them what they can/canít do on their own land.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You do realize this isnít closing a general (rifle) season correct?

It amazes me how many were in support of this petition but apparently didnít care enough to reach out any further than this forum with public comment.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sparkles; 03-24-2022 at 01:58 PM.
Sparkles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 02:07 PM   #165
Sparkles
Pope & Young
 
Sparkles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McKinney
Hunt In: Young County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinal View Post
Man I didn't have a dog in this hunt, but seeing how some of you are acting and talking its going to be real hard for me to feel sympathetic when this comes up again.

Well we certainly appreciated your support and sympathy this time around and hopefully we can garner that as needed next time.

Howís TUCO been?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sparkles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 02:12 PM   #166
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
Kind of like antler restrictions huh?

Yep.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 02:13 PM   #167
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippy View Post
I have seen this said a couple of times. Im amazed that people think regulations are always a bad thing.

The state tells you what your hunting seasons and bag limits are, do you follow them?

Yes because generally I abide by laws and regulations.

Doesnít mean I like them.

And I dislike even more hunters cheering for restrictions on fellow hunters.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 02:15 PM   #168
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
You do realize this isnít closing a general (rifle) season correct?

It amazes me how many were in support of this petition but apparently didnít care enough to reach out any further than this forum with public comment.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do. It was an argument for opening additional opportunities.

Believe it or not some people donít like
or want to bowhunt. Same as some people that hunt with bows donít like to hunt with rifles.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 02:17 PM   #169
Sparkles
Pope & Young
 
Sparkles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McKinney
Hunt In: Young County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
I do. It was an argument for opening additional opportunities.

Believe it or not some people donít like
or want to bowhunt. Same as some people that hunt with bows donít like to hunt with rifles.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So when they were taking public comment did you provide yours?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sparkles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 02:45 PM   #170
Grayson
Pope & Young
 
Grayson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: North Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinal View Post
Man I didn't have a dog in this hunt, but seeing how some of you are acting and talking its going to be real hard for me to feel sympathetic when this comes up again.
Responding to attacks (from within and from TPWD). And if you knew all the facts that some of us knew, you would feel the same.
Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 02:47 PM   #171
Sippy
Pope & Young
 
Sippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Burnet, Smith, Eastland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Yes because generally I abide by laws and regulations.

Doesnít mean I like them.

And I dislike even more hunters cheering for restrictions on fellow hunters.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Im thankful to live in a type of democracy where the voice of the people is heard. In this case, the voice of the people said that they did not want to move forward with the proposal, and it was listened to.
Sippy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 03:03 PM   #172
A&M 90
Ten Point
 
A&M 90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston
Default

Compromise could have been reached.

Example: No firearm hunting allowed outside high fenced ranches. High fenced ranches must provide TPWD regional biologist a study with a succinct conclusion setting out how many deer should be killed to keep the fenced land within carrying capacity. If TPWD biologist agrees with harvest recommendation, TPWD biologist issues fenced ranch specific gun permits to kill that number of deer off that property.

Caveat - Fenced ranch is not allowed to trap/pen native deer and release them into the fenced property.
A&M 90 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 04:49 PM   #173
SC-001
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M 90 View Post
Compromise could have been reached.

Example: No firearm hunting allowed outside high fenced ranches. High fenced ranches must provide TPWD regional biologist a study with a succinct conclusion setting out how many deer should be killed to keep the fenced land within carrying capacity. If TPWD biologist agrees with harvest recommendation, TPWD biologist issues fenced ranch specific gun permits to kill that number of deer off that property.

Caveat - Fenced ranch is not allowed to trap/pen native deer and release them into the fenced property.
Well maybe they should have proposed that instead of changing regulations that obviously work in 1 million+ acres of low fence properties in those 4 counties. And change regulations on a whim and a scant spotlight survey to boot, the way they went about trying to sneak this by and get this changed was wrong wrong wrong.
SC-001 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2022, 05:05 PM   #174
A&M 90
Ten Point
 
A&M 90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC-001 View Post
Well maybe they should have proposed that instead of changing regulations that obviously work in 1 million+ acres of low fence properties in those 4 counties. And change regulations on a whim and a scant spotlight survey to boot, the way they went about trying to sneak this by and get this changed was wrong wrong wrong.
I oppose the blanket change for the selfish reason that I put in to hunt the Hage every year. However, I can appreciate the need of high fence landowners to manage their deer numbers with the efficiency of the firearm.
A&M 90 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com