"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
    Na you get 3 deer each if you get drawn. What needs to happen is the people that get drawn actually need to show up hunt and kill some. Or just go back to the old post card hunts. There were plenty of deer killed during those they switched it to the computer and the numbers went down. Got people from out-of state getting drawn and people from hundreds of miles away getting drawn that show up for a hunt or two during the season and that's it.
    Couldn't agree more. Also, you get four deer, since they'll let you take a third doe if you wish.

If it was my show to run, this is what I would do:

1. Impose a $5 fee to enter. This is chump change, but it will immediately deter people who are just "putting in for free hunts".

2. Lower the number of draws in the computer and increase the number of standby spots. Give locals who will hunt more (and therefore harvest more) preference.

Just these two moves would have a big impact for those of us who take this hunt seriously.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

I was out at granger and ran into someone hog hunting that told me about this forum. Unfortunately I don’t remember their name. It was on March 4th.

Here is from a shot I took yesterday, the arrow went straight through and I hit him a bit high. It wasn’t a kill shot unfortunately.

Last edited by Hacxor; 03-10-2022, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Bunch of dead hogs layin around from chopper shoot. I counted 7 in a 5 mile hike

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
          Bunch of dead hogs layin around from chopper shoot. I counted 7 in a 5 mile hike

At granger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hacxor View Post
            At granger?

Yup. They do it every year I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
              Yup. They do it every year I believe

Isn’t that illegal as you are not allowed to shoot hogs with guns? I would report that to the game warden

Comment

It's performed by TPWD in coordination with ACOE.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I wonder if it is posted when and what area it occurs. Seems it would be? Be nice to be out there to maybe intercept the stirred up runners? But not any stray bullets from the chopper! let me think a bit more on this one??

Comment

Really shouldn't take a lot of thought. Bullets flying from the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Hacxor View Post
                      Isn’t that illegal as you are not allowed to shoot hogs with guns? I would report that to the game warden

Lol the gw would laugh at you. They do it almost every year and knock down quite a few both on public and private land. We've been out there when they are doing it and they just wave and point us towards free meat!

Comment

The TPWD shoot results in several shots at dead pigs for a couple weeks afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                          The TPWD shoot results in several shots at dead pigs for a couple weeks afterward.

Hahaha. I’ve definitely stalked in on a few. Thought I was being real sneaky too. Pretty embarrassing

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                            Have yet to sink an arrow into putrid piggy, but I've seen a few of the dead ones over the years.

Comment

Usually the dead ones I see are obviously a dead pig. Just stubbled onto 10 Centaur Battle Axe heads that will be great for hogs.

Comment

Just stumbled into 10 Centaur Battle Axe heads that I need to push through some hogs. Hope my PT job schedule and kitchen passes line up.

Comment

Working...
                                X