Redoing my King Ranch seats....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redoing my King Ranch seats....

I decided rather than buy another truck I'd just redo my old '07 KR. (Love the truck and it's in good shape) I've pretty much completed everything.... new engine, suspension, AC, etc etc etc. even the dash. My front seats, inspite of my best efforts, were in pretty bad shape, especially the driver seat. I've been searching and searching for some pull outs in good shape for over 3 years. Low and behold my wife found em, in great shape, and they were here in the town we live in. (I've been looking all over the country....easy to find for $1.5k+....not under a grand in good shape)

We got an incredible deal....

Anyway, I finished the driver....wasn't hard at all. I think it turned out pretty well for an amateur...

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Slicefixer; 01-15-2020, 04:15 PM.

Another after it driedClick image for larger version

Name:	0115201139~3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	24604931

Comment

That looks great...good job.

Comment

Fantastic job

Comment

Looks great. Good job.
          I had a 2006 KR and I've always liked the interior on those older ones better than the newer - the newer leather looks more 'reddish' and just not as appealing to me.

Comment

Thanks fellas....👍 Bit tedious to dye along the seams, but, I had some experience dying my old seats chocolate brown to cover the wear and tear.....so that helped. I've always liked two tone much better than a single color, so I decided to leave the non wear areas natural. To get a pro to do it was very expensive so I figured I'd just dive in the deep end myself. I've done all the exterior and interior work myself and converted it into "the Redneck Raptor." (love the gen 1 Raptors) I learned a lot from researching and doing things myself. Everything has turned out pretty well to this point....so I figured why not.....it's not hard at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
              Looks great. Good job.
              I had a 2006 KR and I've always liked the interior on those older ones better than the newer - the newer leather looks more 'reddish' and just not as appealing to me.
              I'm 100% on board...

The analine "Castano" saddle leather in the originals is so much better IMOP. The feel of it, toughness, thickness, etc as it IS saddle leather. However, it is a pain to take care of.

Comment

Good job.. Now post pics of the rest of the truck!!!

Comment

Nice!!!
                  Exactly what I’ll do when the time comes. Rather than buy a new truck, I’ll buy a rent house. ����

Comment

Original.....

Comment

Now..... 4 years from the start of the project....lil' bit at a time.

However, it's still a work in progress....too "busy" but I've tried to avoid being a Raptor poser so it's 150 badged to the max....the AZ beige stripe along the bottom complicates things....i May get it repainted in a solid color over this winter with a different hood...i wrapped the existing hood myself (with the help of a buddy with experience), but, don't think I have the guts to do the whole truck....

Last edited by Slicefixer; 01-16-2020, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
                        Now..... 4 years from the start of the project....lil' bit at a time.

However, it's still a work in progress....too "busy" but I've tried to avoid being a Raptor poser so it's 150 badged to the max....the AZ beige stripe along the bottom complicates things....i May get it repainted in a solid color over this winter with a different hood...i wrapped the existing hood myself (with the help of a buddy with experience), but, don't think I have the guts to do the whole truck....

GREAT looking truck. Nice job.

Out of curiosity, How much are you into it already if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by palmetto View Post
                          good job.. Now post pics of the rest of the truck!!!
                          👍

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                            GREAT looking truck. Nice job.

Out of curiosity, How much are you into it already if you don't mind me asking?
                            Quick add off the top is just under $12k ....but everything but the tranny is "0 time"/brand new....tranny shifts perfectly so I haven't touched it yet.....

Reman engine, suspension/front end, AC, Alternator, power steering pump, radiator, etc was the biggest cost ....$7.1k....suspension and front and was a lil less than $2k.....rims were $1.2k.... interior, toolbox, bed cover, fender flares less than $2k.....zero labor cost with the exception of the engine and suspension as I've done all the rest myself.

I figured it was better to invest money into a truck I know is sound (and I love).... Bring it back to as close to zero time as is feasible vs going to the auction and paying $30k+ (at the time) for a used gen 1 raptor with 125k-150k miles....risk buying somebody else's problem.....

It's been a fun project....and it doesn't look, or run, like it's 13 years old....feels almost brand new.....plus this model KR had all the bells and whistles that were available at the time... folding mirrors, 4 way seats, front and back defrost, adjustable pedals, and I added a touchscreen stereo with Bluetooth/backup camera/hands free phone....i could care less about the newest ones it doesn't have (with the exception of air conditioned seats.....i do have heated seats)
                            Last edited by Slicefixer; 01-16-2020, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Interior.....it's dark brown, not maroon....glare

Last edited by Slicefixer; 01-16-2020, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X