1947 International KB5 Frame Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1947 International KB5 Frame Swap

Ok, not sure this will belong here, as I found only a few car projects on here. I did read the rules and will do my best to adhere.

The Project: take the body off my 1947 International KB5 1 1/2ton truck and place it on the drivetrain of a 1997 Dodge Dakota. And, voila, you have a frame swap! However, it doesn't happen that fast.

Here are my starting vehicles:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hboy35; 07-05-2019, 11:33 AM.

and here is the Dakota

I can't figure out how to make it right side up. Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files

Comment

I should state upfront that the idea of a frame swap was put to me by my 19 year old son as an "easy" way to get the old 1947 back on the road....nothing is ever easy. However, I am fully into it, and really want to see this through. I have really enjoyed working on this project with him.

So here is my progress to date. Finished cutting off the front fenders and moving/removing stuff under the hood. About to start cutting back the cab to just the floor and firewall.
      Attached Files

Comment

This is going to be interesting to watch. Good luck.

Comment

In for this!

Comment

and one with the hood raised. If you look close at the firewall area, there are some red sharpie marks on the passenger and driver sides. This is approximately where I am going to cut off the firewall to, in order to make the cab of the 47 fit. Wish me luck.
            Attached Files

Comment

This is going to be an awesome build . I have always wanted to put an old Apache on a blazer frame . Or build a old Willis truck .

Comment

Looking forward to this one. What about axles it’s gonna take a lot of tire to fill the wheel wells are you gonna keep it daul rear wheel truck.

Comment

all in on this!

Comment

In!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet! My dad has a '47 KB2. He plans to build it in the near future.

Comment

Great thread. Best way in the world to make a Dodge look good

Comment

Awesome keep us updated this is going to pretty cool

Comment

Following this one.

Comment

Is a Dodge Dakota frame going to be stout enough to hold up an actual truck? Is it narrower, and that makes it fit better? Just curious.

Comment

Working...
                              X