Arrow Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Saw

has anyone ever built one and if so do you have the materials list and where you got them. i've been trying to figure out what kind of motor to use. any help would be appreciated

Bow Press

i would also be interested in any bow press ideas. there a little too expensive for me at the store so i'd like to try and build my own. thanks for any help.

Comment

A special thanks to deerslayer for putting all this together. Complete instructions for both arrow saw and home made bow press.

Comment

I ran across a guy on ebay called displaycasemaker and he has a nice set up. You can get the saw itself at Harbor Freight for $20.

Comment

I just built my first arrow saw last night. I cut 1/2 dozen arrows down for my son today. It works pretty well. I used the G5 asd and broadheads spin perfectly so I guess I'm pretty happy. I don't have any plans since I built it on the fly. The track is folding door track I found at Lowes. I just cut it in half.

Comment

I took some pictures of mine. When I do a download of them, I'll post em up.

Comment

Just don't breath the carbon dust, or let your kids breath it. Not healthy stuff as I understand it. My 2 cents. That's why I let the archery shop cut 'em for me 1 or 2 times/year.

But really nice work putting it together.

Comment

Good looking design Paul. I still haven't gotten around to building one of these yet. I've been playing with designs to make the arrow stationary and allow the dremel to move and make accurate cuts.

Comment

I'm going to try an attach a file that shows how to make a cutoff saw using the small Harbor freight saw. Hope it works. If not then maybe someone can help work me through it. this is my next archery project.

Comment

Well that didn't work. Someone tell me how to attach a file from my computer and I'll try again.

Comment

I use a dremel wheel on my rotozip that is mounted to a 1x4 and it cuts way faster than a dremel

Comment

Here is my attempt at an arrow saw. The saw came from Harbor Freight ($20 on sale). The board is a piece of 3/4" birch ply that I had laying around. The track is from Elliots hardware. It is a T track usually found in the tool section. It is used for making jigs and fixtures. The bolt in the track is 1/4 x 20 and the finger nut is from Elliots also. The other two bolts are #10 screws with nuts on the backside to hold everything square in the track. The stop is a piece of 2" x 1/8" angle I had laying around. I ground it down to fit in the base of the nock. The reading on the self adhesive tape is taken at the edge of the angle iron. The blades I ordered from ebay, 5 for $8. Hope this helps.IMG_1091.JPG
                        IMG_1092.JPG
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	campfire.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	23824962

Name:	Crimmabone2 (Medium).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	23824963

Name:	doebaby%27s.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	23824964

Comment

I had a request for some more detailed pics of my saw. I don't know how to send a pic through a pm so here they are for everyone. I have very little workworking skills so I'm sure there are many ways to improve on it. I was thinking of using some sort of strap to hold the dremel in place but it is snug enough between the brackets that is stays in place for now. In the pic of the back stop for the arrow you can see the white plastic pieces that hold it to the track. It was the track for a folding door. The holes I used to bolt it to the vertical board are actually for the spindel of the door. If you have any other questions I'll do my best to answer them.

Comment

Roger... That is like the one on ebay I was talking about... I like that set up. Think I'll end up making one later down the road.

Comment

Oh I am not orginal, I rip off ideas from where ever I can! Thanks!

The one on ebay was over $100. I may have 40-50 in this one. I could trim it out, and finish it and make it like a piece of furniture, I just haven't yet. This really is my first attempt at making one. I wish I had mounted the saw on tracks too so that I could get the track and saw in exact alignment. You see the electrical tape on the saw vise? I had to build it up a little to make it line up square. Not that it really matters, cause I have a squaring device too.

Comment

Working...
                              X