Knife Sharpener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife Sharpener

One thing I’m not very good at it. I have tried just about everything even Lansky. What works best for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elbow grease, soft/steady hand, Arkansas stones, and leather.

Comment

I like my Work Sharp. If I am in a hurry, I use a cheapo Accusharp from Academy
      Attached Files

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        Elbow grease, soft/steady hand, Arkansas stones, and leather.
        Lol don't which one I wore out first my elbow knife or stone. And also have one like that. Thanks

Comment

Diamond hone, or sandpaper on a pad, followed by double sided leather covered board strop, with black compound on one side and green on the finish side. Edges that can split hairs lengthwise are pretty easy to get with most knife steels..

Comment

Work Sharp

Comment

Work sharp

Comment

I love my wicked edge . If I’m in a hurry I will use a work sharp .

Comment

I have 6 of my handmades that need finishing, I may do a tutorial.

Comment

I’d sure appreciate it. I had a wicked edge and just found it to be to much of a pita to use. I’m always in a hurry when I figure out my knifes isn’t sharp.

Comment

Arkansas Tri-Hone. Cant go wrong. Followed by a good leather strap. Watch videos on youtube, read directions on knife forums. With intentional practice you will grow to love it and be great at it. Then your coworkers will pay you on the side to do all of theirs. I do have an electric worksharp from 10+ years ago that will get the job done. But not as rewarding in my opinion.

Comment

Worksharp

Comment

Worksharp. Anything else is a waste of time. You can take any knife to shaving sharp in less than a minute. No elbow grease or soft/steady hand required.

Comment

Smith's Broadhead Sharpener. 6.99 Keep em' in the truck, in drawers, fanny packs, fishing bag etc...
                            Used to sit and sharpen with oil and 3 stones...don't really enjoy that anymore.

Comment

Working...
                            X